Wednesday, February 17, 2010

LUSH Chox Away Soap

Chox Away is a soap that was released by LUSH in mid spring 2009. I wanted it as soon as I heard about it but since it is a chocolate scent, I put off getting it until it was closer to fall and winter. I finally bought it last September in the LUSH store on Broadway and I was very excited to use it. Now that I have finally gotten enough items out of my shower that I could open it up and get it out, I have been using it every morning. And my very high hopes for this product were utterly dashed...

The U.S.A. LUSH site states the following about the product, "We love chocolate and know we're not alone in this. Luckily for us, chocolate is softening on the skin and smells delectable, which is why we stir white chocolate and dark chocolate into each batch of Chox Away. We scent this soap with the mouth-watering sweet orange, vanilla, chocolate, and peppermint fragrance from our Honey Trap lip balm. So if it's chocolate you love, lather up with Chox Away; it will satisify your cravings and won't increase you waist size!"

So why did I not like this soap? First and foremost, it has little to no scent at all. The little bit of scent that comes from the bar is a chocolate peppermint (which I don't mind at all), but overall this is the lightest scented bar soap that I have ever used. And I love how strongly scented LUSH bar soaps are, Rockstar makes the whole bathroom smell for hours after I get out of the shower, this one I couldn't even smell on my skin after rinsing off. The scent coming off the pile of soap in the store was very chocolate and so I was very excited for a strong chocolate scent.

This soap doesn't lather at all and therfore doesn't dry my skin out. This I do like in this wintertime since my skin is very dry right now. So I like this performance of this soap but I wish that it had a much stronger fragrance. I am also mad at myself for buying a huge chunk of this soap without having tried it out first. Initially, I wondered if I just got a bad bar of this soap since LUSH products are much more natural and I thought that maybe my bar was going bad already. However, I asked the question on the Makeup Alley Bath and Body Board and all the responses were about the same experience that I had with the soap. I will use up the bar that I have but I won't be buying this product again, I will just be sticking with my beloved Rockstar.

photo courtesy of LUSH USA

No comments: