Wednesday, May 12, 2010

England Week Day 4 - Jo Malone White Jasmine & Mint

Jo Malone is a classic English perfume house. My obsession with their Red Roses fragrance is very well known and all those that know me well are able to pick it out from all my other rose fragrances because I wear it so often. Jo Malone states on their website that they make "lifestyle" fragrances. I am not totally sure if I understand what this means other than that each family of fragrances fits somewhere into a person's life and experiences. If anyone else knows more about this, please let me know.

The latest fragrance that I want from Jo Malone is a newer one that I think came out one or two summers ago called White Jasmine & Mint. This fragrance is a crisper version of a floral, I find that it reminds of both notes from the floral and green families. This is light fragrance and i find it best suited toward the late spring and summer months.

Jo Malone states that, "This enchanting essence, inspired by a sun-drenched morning in an English country garden, perfectly captures the scent of jasmine, lily, orange flower, and rose on the morning breeze. An unexpected twist of soft and sensual wild mint stimulates the senses and teases the palette in this elegant and eccentric fragrance". Elegant and eccentric are the two perfect words to sum this fragrance up. It is soft and beautiful. However, it is very unique and even some such as myself with a vast perfume collection has never smelled any other fragrance like this one before.

This fragrance is a unique gem and I believe it is a welcome addition to anyone who is s fan of floral fragrances. I have also had people who dislike florals smell and try out the tester bottles at Neiman Marcus and they have had no problems with the fragrance. The mint really tempers down the florals and opens this fragrance up to a whole new group of perfume wearers. Of course, since I love it, there is a rose note in it. I wonder if my nose can unconsiously pick up rose notes now...

Now back to my daydreams of English country houses and long weekends...

photo courtesy of Jo Malone

No comments: