Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sarah Jessica Parker SJP NYC

With the Sex and the City 2 movie coming out very soon and starting off the summer blockbuster season, I was only appropriate to look at the fragrance that is being releaased with this movie. I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly prefer a new fragrance or makeup collection release with a amajor movie than just about any other type of promotional activity. That being said, I do put this fragrance down to being almost solely a promotional product and one that I doubt that Sarah Jessica would ahve created without the inspiration of this new movie. But, it's Sex and the City and that means for both myself and a million other ladies, that we will buy it and wear it faithfully. I bet the movie theaters are going to reek of it after opening weekend.

This new fragrance is called SJP NYC and this is the first Sarah Jessica Parker fragrance that I have shown any interest in, I have never liked Lovely and have ignored her other releases. Though, clever marketers that are out there, I would not have picked this fragrance up had it not been for the tie in to the Sex and the City 2 movie. In comparison to her previous fragrances, this fragrance is a light fruity, floral that is a great choice for the summer season. The packaging of the product is something else, I have included a picture of it since I don't know that I could fully describe it in words.

This fragrance was made to bring the character of Carrie Bradshaw to life. I do see much of Carrie in this fragrance, it is light, fun, and very unique. At first spray, this fragrance reminded me a lighter version of my beloved Marc Jacobs Daisy. And there is a good reason for that, some of the notes are exactly the same in the two fragrances and they are of similar type. The top notes of the fragrance are: Italian Mandarin, White Osmanthus, Wild Red Strawberries. the heart notes are: Gardenia, Honeysuckle, Mimosa, Red Rose Damascenia. The base notes are: Sandalwood, Vanilla Absolute, Rum Flavor, Creamy Musks.

The fragrance is a good choice for warm weather, it is light enough to not be overpowering. I have read some reviews on this fragrance on the Macy's website and some have been disappointed with the lasting power of it. I know that I will buy this since it is Carrie Bradshaw but had it not been for the movie tie in, I might have walked right by it in the store.

photo courtesy of Macy*s

No comments: