Thursday, May 27, 2010

Peter Thomas Roth Buffing Beads

My latest scrub obsession is one of the top rated scrubs available on the skincare market today. The last scrub that I was using was slightly too harsh for my liking, however this one is the opposite and therefore makes it one of the best and most widely recommended skincare items. This is not the first time that I have used this product, like Benefit's BadGal Lash, I use this product then purchase something different, miss my favorite and come right back to this one. The product that I am talking about to day is Peter Thomas Roth Buffing Beads, a face and body scrub that has several times won Allure's top honors and is said to be used by Bill Clinton (in addition to a ton of others).

Sephora states that this product is "A gentle exfoliating scrub with ultra-fine jojoba beads and botanical nutrients". They continue with a more detailed description of the scrub right here, "This delicate exfoliant's non-abrasive jojoba beads remove dead surface cells and help open clogged pores, allowing treatment products and moisturizers to pentrate better. The jojoba beads partially dissolve as they come in contact with warm, wet skin, minimizing the risk of irritation. The skin is left smooth, clean, and refreshed". I also pulled some more details about the benefits of this product off the back of the bottle itself. In addition to what was stated from Sephora, the jojoba beads also help to emulsify sebum and clear up and prevent blackheads and whiteheads.

The blue version of this product is the original bestseller. However, this product is so universal and effective that Peter Thomas Roth released an entire line of Buffing Beads all with different properties, benefits, and that are targeted toward certain skin types. Myself, I prefer the original that is pictured here. I love that the beads are fine and gentle. This scrub is unique in that it still performs very well but has never caused my skin even a moment of irritation. A very impressive moment occured when I forgot that I had gotten an eyebrow wax the day before and used this product and still no irritation or redness occured. This is one of my favorite skincare products and I would recommend to any skin type and either gender.

I bought this product at Bath and Body Works before they stopped carrying this brand. Right now, I would recommend purchasing it at Sephora since they are running their skincare challenge. When you purchase a product from one of the specified brands (most of their brands are included), you are given a card with space for four punches on it. When you fill it up by purchasing four skincare products, you get a free full sized gift. Personally, I don't find it difficult to purchase four skincare products and I bet that I will have several cards filled up before this is over.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: