Sunday, May 16, 2010

MAC Superglass

Pret-a-Papier consisted of neutral shades all built to make a pretty natural look. The newest collection, Superglass, is the total opposite. Superglass is a new formula of MAC Lipglass and is an extension of the famed Dazzleglasses. Personally, I love to look at Dazzleglasses and own two of the lighter shades but can't always pull off the more pigmented shades without feeling out of place. So, I don't know how much Superglass is going to appeal to my practical side. However, I bet that the shades will be mind-blowingly beautiful.

The MAC website states, "Shattered, decimated, blinded by a fantastic, intergalatic lip light! Lips have gone big bang, explosively dimensional, a rare eclipse. Extreme innovation that's a good reflection on MAC...and the seductress lucky enough to strike upon it".

Superglass - A lip gloss blended with small, medium, and large pearls to create three distinct dimensions of jewel-like flash and overwhelming dazzle. Provides sheer medium coverage. Adds sexy shine and lustre to the lips. Helps lips stay smooth and hydrated. Features MAC's vanilla flavor. Limited edition.
- Cherry Electric - bright cherry pink
- Sugar Overload - white beige
- Sweet Tart - pale baby pink
- Superflash! - midtone yellow pink
- Disco Blend - light tan
- Gift Wrap - light pinky peach
- Totally Bang! - fushcia
- Fab Brenzy - deep blue purple
- Tunnel of Love - deep blue brown

I think that many of the shades are really pretty and edgy, but a bit too edgy for my look. I think that I could get away with the following shades: Sugar Overload, Sweet Tart, and Superflash!. All three of these shades are close to the Dazzleglass shades that I already own. At the same time, I really like the Cherry Electric shade and want to give it a test run at the MAC counter so I can determine if I could ever get up the courage to wear it.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: