Wednesday, May 5, 2010

MAC Opulash

Opulash is the newest mascara formulation from MAC. No, I haven't gotten my hands on it yet, it is Nordstrom exclusive and the closest Nordstrom to me is over an hour away. But I will get some when I take a few vacation days from work this month. Also, I have heard that this product is limited edition so I better high tail it down to Nordstrom as soon as I get some free time before this product is all sold out for good. This mascara is called Opulash for good reason, it is promoted as helping to create superthick, dramatic lashes. Otherwise known as the kind that I am obsessed with. Can this mascara stand up against BadGal Lash and Diorshow Iconic? I must find out!

Nordstrom describes the product as following, "Big, fat, full, bouffant lashes! Dramatic density and curl achieved with a giant brush! Fibers go in all directions for thick, rich, even application with no clumping. Long-wearing formula - up to 15 hours - quickly thickens lashes from root to tip". This mascara contains beeswax to help fatten the lashes.

This mascara is available in only one shade which is named Bad, Bad, Black and appears from the swatch on the website to be a rich, deep, inky black. This shade is ideal for me since this is what I would pick out even if the product was available in a full range of colors.

I must take some time to get down to Nordstrom before this product is totally sold out. However, it might be another tragedy for me if a limited edition mascara ended up being the best one that I have ever tried. Though, knowing MAC, if this product sells really well, we will see it resurface somewhere else in the near future.

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: