Thursday, May 6, 2010

Some Picks for Mother's Day - L'Occitane

Mother's Day is just around the corner and so the malls will be full of people this weekend trying to decide on the perfect gift to give their wonderful mothers. I am lucky enough to get a double whammy every year, my mom's birthday is May 8th so I end buying several gifts at the same time. This year, she is getting a full English tea set as one of her gifts and something from the three following items. I did some browsing on the C.O. Bigelow website (ilovebigelow.com) and found several items to chose from.

The first group of items that we are going to look at is the newest line from L'Occitane, a line of products based on both one of mine and her favorite flowers, the peony. We always had a giant peony plant in the yard when I was a child growing up, so this is a very appropriate gift for her. For starters, I would get the perfume from this collection. This fragrance starts off with a burst of light citrus with the bergamot and grapefruit notes. The heart of the fragrance is the peony and rose notes and then the base of musk and sandalwood emerges.

After I would buy the perfume, I would decide which of the ancillary products that she would like the best. A matching line of color is offered with the Peony fragrance however I know my mother would get little use from it so it is safer for me to stick with body products and any type of home fragrance items. The first item that I pick for her is the Peony Petal Soap, she loves to set fragrant soaps all around the bathrooms and this one is especially note-worthy since it is shade of pale pink and is shaped like a blooming peony.

If my budget is not exhausted at this point, I would pick up two more items for her; the Peony Shower Cream and Beauty Milk. The Shower Cream has a rich, creamy texture and produces a light foam when mixed with water. It is a perfect base for the perfume. To add another layer of fragrance, I would get her the matching hydrator, the Beauty Milk. This is a light lotion that helps to hydrate and fragrance the skin throughout the day.

This is gift one. Next post is gift two.

photo courtesy of C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries

No comments: