Thursday, May 20, 2010

LUSH Yummy Yummy Yummy Shower Gel

My life is not complete without LUSH in it! This time, I decided to try out the Yummy Yummy Yummy Shower Gel that the sales associate in one of the New York City stores showed me the last time that I stopped in. I bought a bottle of it that day and also recieved a second bottle of it in a Christmas gift last holiday season. I loved the product the moment that I tried it out in the store so I am more than happy to have a backup bottle. I often forget that LUSH carries shower gels, since I usually fixate on their bath bombs and soaps. However, they make shower products just as well as they do bath products!

The LUSH USA site gives the following description about the Yummy Yummy Yummy Shower Gel, "We really do put the whole fruit in, and in this case, it's fresh strawberries. We put heaps of strawberries into our newest shower gel to calm skin and get it glowing. Honey water and almond oil moisturize and fine sea salt gives you an ever-so-gentle scrub. Wash with this shower and moisturize with Strawberry Feels massage bar to smell like strawberries 'n cream all day. The fragrance will whisk you away to the carefree days of strawberry smoothies in the summer time".

The featured ingredient in this product is strawberries and LUSH gives us a bit of background about this ingredient and why it was chosen for this product. "Strawberries are considered one fo the world's healthiest foods. They are a natural source of minerals, folic acid, omega 3 fatty acids, and powerful antioxidants. They contain a higher concentration of Vitamin C, per weight, than oranges". Strawberries are my favorite fruit and I am super pleased to reap their benefits on my skin too.

This product gets very mixed reviews, you either love it or hate it. The texture is very watery and it doesn't foam at all. When you try and squeeze it onto a pouf or sponge, you will still get no foam and feel as though youare wasting product. Believe me, I tried it. I found that the best way to use this product to squirt some out right into wet hands, rub them together, and then rub the product directly onto your body, and then rinse. After rinsing, my skin is soft and yummy smelling. The scent does not linger on your skin very long after your shower but the fragrance will leave your bathroom smelling nice all day long.

I am hoping that this product will be a good type of wash to use when I am self-tanning. There are times that I feel that my shower gels and poufs take half of tan off and slow the whole process down. Regardless of how it performs with the tanner, I know that I will also love the product when my skin is very dry in the winter since normal shower gels tend to dry it out even more.

photo courtesy of LUSH

No comments: