Monday, May 17, 2010

Phyto Phytosesame Conditioner

This is yet another product from Phyto that feeds my loyalty to this wonderful French company. However, this must be one of their less popular products since everyone that I have met that uses this line has either never heard of or has ever tried this product. It's not had to find, it is available any place that Phyto products are sold and is one that I have purchased quite a few times over the past few years. This conditioner is called Phytosesame and is part of their collection aimed at dry hair.

Sephora places this product in the category of "fast-acting, lightweight conditioner for dry hair". Further details about the product have been provided. "Packed with exotic ingredients to ensure optimum hydration levels, this formula fortifies hair and adds body. Sesame oil, and cocoa and shea butters hydrate, nourish, detangle, and impart luminous shine. Hibiscus flower strengthens and adds body." This product comes in a pump bottle for the perfect application.

What do I love about this product? This is my favorite conditioner that I ever used, followed by the Smoothing Conditioner from Oscar Blandi. This product hydrates really well, rinses clean, and hasn't caused any problems with build up. I do feel that I burn through this product, but I don't know if that's because I love it so much or because I am using slightly too much. I think it is that I love it so much since I have gotten much better at rationing exactly how much I need to cover my hair. I am fine with a pump and a half for my thick, medium length hair. My hair is really soft and shiny and I get lots of compliments on it when I go back to using this product.

What do I not love about this product? I have a love/hate relationship with the pump bottle. I have to put it all out and shake the bottle to get the last few uses out of it. Usually the pump goes when only a little bit of product is left and I have learned to shake it all out and I can get about six to eight more uses from it. The other aspect of this product that I don't love is the scent of sesame oil. It is really strong in the shower and it does tend to linger in my hair after rinsing. It's not as bad as the Ojon but I have found that it lingers longer. However, these are not serious enough to make me not want to use this product.

I really recommend this conditioner to anyone how has dry/color treated hair and doesn't want it to be weighed down. I have used this conditioner following the Phyto PhytoCitrus Shampoo in the first four weeks after I color my hair and following the MOP Gisten Shampoo anytime after the first four weeks.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: