Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bath and Body Works Carried Away

Now that we are less than one month away from the beginning of March (and the beginning of snow melting), the spring products are now out in full forth. Bath and Body Works has just brought out their first big fragrance release of the year, a new addition to their Romantic collection of fragrances. This new fragrance is named Carried Away and is a lovely floral that will be perfect to usher spring in. Since I am a floral lady, this new fragrance is right up my alley and I am really excited to open up my bottle on the first warm day of spring.

Bath and Body Works states the following as a description of the fragrance, "Master perfumers have blended lush raspberries and juicy pear nectar with white jasmine and whipped vanilla to create this whimsical fragrance inspired by the way love sweeps you off your feet".

The top notes are: Italian Bergamot, Meyer Lemon, Mandarin, Juicy Pear Nectar, Lush Raspberries. The heart notes are: Purple Freesia, White Tuberose, White Jasmine, Soft Violet Petals. The base notes of the fragrance are: Creamy Sandalwood, Whipped Vanilla, Musk. This fragrance smells so different in the bottle than it does on my skin. I actually disliked it the first time that I sniffed it, the strongest notes on smelling it were the pear and the raspberry with a bot of the tuberose. The fragrance really developed when I put it on and the middle notes were able to come out on my skin. On my skin, the top notes fade within minutes of application (especially in the body spray) and the tuberose, jasmine, and whipped vanilla notes come out. I like that the fragrance is still light enough for spring because some of these notes can be very heavy depending on the blend and concentration.

When this fragrance was debuting in the small sizes, I bought one of each to test it out at home and without all the other scents that are present in the store. So far, I have only bought the EDT in the full size products but I plan to pick up more items from the reast of the collection within the next few weeks. The traditional Bath and Body Works products are all offered in this new fragrance; the Body Lotion, the Body Spray, the EDT, the Shower Gel, the Shea Cashmere Hand Cream; the Triple Moisture Shower Cream, the Triple Moisture Body Cream, and the Body Butter.

Bath and Body Works has continued their fragrance success with this spring release. I have been really happy with their latest fragrance releases and am now purchasing the full sized EDTs in every single fragrance, something that I hadn't done in ages. This is a great fragrance to wear in the spring time and is a wonderful addition to the Romantics line. I love when I can find yet another floral fragrance to add to my giant collection. On a side note - this bottle is beautiful and is one of the nicest that I have ever seen from Bath and Body Works (Secret Wonderland is a close second).

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: