Sunday, February 13, 2011

Lippmann Collection Spring 2011 Shades

Lippmann Collection has new shades out for this spring! We all know that Lippmann Collection is a favorite brand of mine and that I rapidly collect as many products from them as I can. As I am typing this, I am wearing the Purple Rain shade that was made two years ago for the Zac Posen Spring 2009 shows. Their collections have never had a miss for me so I am very interested in what new shades are coming out right now. This collection only consists of two new shades but they both look as though they are going to be winners based on the pictures of them on the website.

The first shade is the one that I find the more interesting of the two. It is named Glitter In The Air and has the same type of finish that Happy Birthday had last spring. This shade is described on the Lippmann Collection website as a "sky blue confetti". This one appears to be a pale blue background with blue confetti suspended in it. This one looks as though it will make quite an impact on the nail. Based on the previous experience that I have had with Lippmann Collection, I beleive that this shade will take two coats to evenly cover the entire nail and that the confetti might take some practice to perfect. This shade looks as though it will be the hit of the season for this company.

The second shade is the more universal of the two, this one is another neutral from this company. I have several very nice pales and neutrals from Lippmann Collection and I am looking forward to this one since it should be another hit to add to my collection. This shade is named Naked and is described as "clean bare beige". This one has a cream finish and is a great neutral shade for the office. In the tradition of Lippmann Collection pales, one coat of this shade will give a sheer finish and two coats will give an opaque nude finish.

I will be snapping both of these shades up before the brights come out this summer. I love pale shades in the warm weather and I really love shades that are cool toned and will set off my skin tone. This is another winning collection from Lippmann Collection and I am willing to bet that I will be getting tons of use from both of the new shades.

photo courtesy of Lippmann Collection

No comments: