Tuesday, February 22, 2011

NARS Week Day 3 - NARS Lip Gloss

Somehow in all my time as a blogger, I have passed by NARS Lip Gloss. Only in writing, not in use; their shades have a very prominent rotation in my traincase and are always a subject of interest when I look at their seasonal collections and new product releases. Since the invention of the product, some of the shade have gone on to be icons in the NARS collection and have gone on to be released in the other products of the collection. The shade Turkish Delight was on the reasons I started becoming obsessed with NARS Lip Gloss. For about a year when I was in college, it seemed that everytime that I liked a lip shade that on a model or on a young star, the shade was always listed as Turkish Delight. This was when the closest Sephora to me was well over an hour away. So began my love of NARS Lip Gloss...

Yet I still haven't bought the Turkish Delight shade. I finally got down to the Sephora in King of Prussia and bought the Orgasm Lip Gloss since this was the first time that they ever had it in stock in the store. I loved that shade then and still do to this day. Over the years, I have flirted with the NARS glosses while maintaining a steady relationship with MAC Lipglass. But sometimes you never forget one of your first loves...

"Serious shine and sexy color in sheer, creamy, and semi-sheer formulas. Extremely wearable and versatile shades, lip gloss may be worn alone or over other lip products for heightened drama. Ultra-shiny and highly pigmented. Convenient wand application. Iconic shades."

There is a huge shade range so let's go right into and see them all.

- Albatross - luminous glow
- Angelika - cotton candy pink with gold and silver sparkle
- All Night Long - dusty raspberry
- Babe - sheer orange red
- Bad Education - sheer crimson red
- Belize - pink mauve with gold flecks
- Bilitis - plum red
- Bloodwork - ultra shiny red vinyl
- Bougainville - pomegranate
- Chantaco - rhubarb
- Chihuahua - guava
- Coup de Coeur - sheer apple brandy
- Dolce Vita - dusty rose
- Downtown - metallic pink lavender
- Easy Lover - sheer hot pink
- Female Trouble - lilac mauve
- Foul Play - bare pink
- Giza - nectar
- Gothika - spiced berry
- Greek Holiday - sparkling pink sand
- Harlow - shimmery pearlized blend of silver and mauve
- Hustler - pinkish brown
- Luster - sheer golden apricot
- Luxor - iridescent pink
- Metis - sheer mulberry
- Misbehave - sheer shimmering red
- Moon Fleet - clear with silver and gold flecks
- Nana - deep black grape
- Oasis - sparkling pink champagne
- Ophelia - strawberry nectar
- Orgasm - peachy pink with shimmer
- Pillow Talk - sheer azalea pink
- Positano - cinnamon rose with subtle shimmer
- Revolt - sheer grape
- Risky Business - shimmering berry red
- Rose Birman - sheer cranberry
- Rose Gitane - sheer deep wine
- Sandpiper - shimmering amber coral
- Scandal - pinkish brown
- Stella - muted raspberry
- Stolen Kisses - sparkling caramel pink
- Striptease - pearlized beige sheen
- Sunset Strip - tangerine with gold shimmer
- Supervixen - shimmering nude beige
- Super Orgasm - bright pinky peach with shimmer
- Sweet Dreams - pink grapefruit with gold shimmer
- Sweet Revenge - sheer pink grapefruit
- Talitha - deep blend of pink and rose
- Tempest - neutral pink beige with shimmer
- Triple X - clear shine
- Turkish Delight - pink sorbet

We have a huge variety of shade to choose from. My two favorites and the only two that I currently have in my collection (both purchased from Sephora since at some points the shades are exclusive to that company) are Orgasm and Chihuahua. Orgasm has been covered extensively already in this blog so I do not feel the need to rehash is all again. Chihuahua is my favorite of the two shades and is a great guava cream that works equally well with dramatic eyes or a more natural look. This is a staple product for me and that is a large feat considering I own very many tubes of lip gloss. I find that this product has a thicker and tackier texture than most of the other lip glosses on the market, however it is also one of the longest lasting glosses that I have ever tried. The only aspect of this product that I dislike is the fact that has a somewhat light plastic taste, it's not awful but I prefer the vanilla scent that MAC has for all their Lipglasses.

Every gloss that I have tried from this line is very pigmented so unless it is stated that the shade is a sheer, it will have full pigmentation. I am mostly looking for a subtle pink shade and medium to deep berry shades. For some shades that are on the pink or neutral side, here is my list: Belize, Foul Play, Greek Holiday, Sweet Revenge, and Talitha. On my shopping list for the berries (maybe closer to next fall?): All Night Long, Dolce Vita, Rose Gitane, and Stella.
Lately, it seems that NARS has been very into expanding their lip product line with another new product coming out for the opening of the new store. Their lip gloss is classic and a top pick from the product line.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: