Friday, February 25, 2011

NARS Week Day 6 - Front Row Set

This is the last of the new Sephora only sets that were introduced this spring. I loved the Fashion Forward that I just looked at the other day and that one was the clear front runner for my favorite of the group. This new one might over take that one but I am doubting it at first glance of the set. This set already has one point on the good side in that I don't own half of the set already. This one appears as those it contains a mixture of both warm and cool shades. Looking at it from this perspective, half of this set might work for me and the other half might not. So let's look at the last new set so that I can really decide which one is my favorite of the group.

"A four-piece Spring beauty set created exclusively for Sephora by brand founder Francois NARS. This runway ready set will have you at the edge of your seat with a fresh combination of modern metallic hues just in time for Spring", states the Sephora website.

It contains the following products and shades...

Duo Eye Shadow - Shades it inspire and desire. The same longwearing crease resistant formula as NARS Single Eye Shadow, in uniquely paired color combinations. Worn together or alone, all duo eye shadows can be applied sheer or built up for a more dramatic effect. All powder eye shadows can be used wet or dry. Richly pigmented, micronized powder formula provides improved wear and feel. Multifunction: use as eye shadow, eye liner, or on eye brows.
- Nouveau Monde - metallic silver lilac/rich olive gold

Eyeliner Stylo - Femme Fatale eyes with epic effects. The super-fine precision tip of this liquid eye liner allows for maximum control during application, ensuring a precise, even line with just one stroke. The quick-drying formula delivers a high dose of pigment for optimum coverage and intense color. High pigment formula provides optimum coverage and intense color. Long-wearing, quick-dry formula shapes and defines eyes - lasts all day. Super-fine precision tip ensures an even line - thick or thin.
- Nuits Blanches - shiny black

Lip Gloss - Serious shine and sexy color in sheer, creamy, and semi-sheer formulas. Extremely wearable and versatile shades, lip gloss may be worn alone or over other lip products for heightened drama. Ultra-shiny and highly pigmented. Convenient wand application. Iconic shades.
- Orgasm - pinky peach with shimmer
The Multiple - The original multi-purpose stick for eyes, cheeks, lips, and body. Its unique, creamy formula blends effortlessly to provide sheer color for creating shimmering accents, contours, or dynamic higlights on all skin tones. Creates perfect, glowing complexions and is conveniently designed for failproof application. The original multifunction color stick. mistake-proof color; quick and easy to apply.
- Palm Springs - golden beige

I like this set but I don't love it. My two favorite products are the eye products from this set. I am most interested in the Eye Liner Stylo in the black shade offered in it. I am interested to see if it can compare to the Penultimate product from MAC that I have been swearing by lately. I will have to buy the NARS liner and compare them. The only other product that I like is the Eye Shadow Duo, since it has just been released in the past month and I haven't gotten to get one yet. I already own this lip gloss and The Multiple will be much too warm for my skin. I might get this set after I get Fashion Forward but it isn't a must own for me.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: