Wednesday, February 23, 2011

NARS Week Day 4 - Fashion Forward Set

Today we are looking at another one of the Sephora exclusive sets that was released in the past few weeks. The first of the sets was based on the Orgasm shade that has become a consistent best seller for the line. Today, the Fashion Forward Set is up to be looked at. one first glance, this already looks like a better makeup set in for me for two major reasons. First, I don't own almost half of it already. Second, the shade variety is much greater and most of the shades in it appear to work with cool skin tones. I haven't looked at the last set yet but this one has the potential to be my favorite of the three.

Sephora states, "A four-piece Spring beauty set created exclusively for Sephora by brand founder Francois Nars. This runway ready set will have you going utterly wild with flattering pinks, deep purple, and shimmering gold. It includes a single mirrored eye shadow compact, mini Multiple, Soft Touch Shadow Pencil, and lip gloss." Deep purple, shades of pinks, and shimmering golds are all shades for me and reenforce my thoughts that this may be my favorite of the three sets.

The products and shades in this set...

Single Eye Shadow - Longwearing, crease-resistant color in sheer wearable formulas. All NARS eye shadows can be applied sheer or layered for a more dramatic effect. These richly pigmented powders blend effortlessly and can also be used wet for precisely lining the eyes. Richly pigmented, micronized powder formula provides improved wear and feel. Effortless blending. Multifunction: use as eye shadow, eye liner, and on eye brows.
- Daphne - deep violet (matte)

The Multiple - The original multi-purpose stick for eyes, cheeks, lips, and body. Its unique, creamy formula blends effortlessly to provide sheer color for creating shimmering accents, contours, or dynamic highlights on all skin tones. Creates perfect, glowing complexions and is conveniently designed for failproof application. The original multi-function color stick. Mistake-proof color; quick and easy to apply.
- Orgasm - peachy pink with shimmer

Soft Touch Shadow Pencil - Soft Touch Shadow Pencils provide easy, portable, long-wearing application. These jumbo sized pencils have versatile functionality to shade the lid, line, or highlight the eye. Smooth, creamy texture delivers a smooth, velvety feel to the eye and make for easy blending and an ideal base for layering with a powder shadow for increased color intensity. Portable application.
- Hollywoodland - metallic gold

Lip Gloss - Serious shine and sexy color in sheer, creamy, and semi-sheer formulas. Extremely wearable and versatile shades, lip gloss may be worn alone or over other lip products for heightened drama. Ultra-shiny and highly pigmented. Convenient wand application. Iconic shades.
- Easy Lover - sheer hot pink

I love this set! This is will go on my shopping list next time that I go to Sephora. I have been interested in both eye products and the lip gloss shades since I saw them so this is the perfect chance for me to try all of them out. Daphne is a matte so it might be a bit hard for me to work with but I want to give it a fair shot. Daphne might be a bit too much for me for the spring and summer months but I know that I will get use out of it this fall and use all the others in the next few weeks. This is looking like it will be my favorite of the three sets but I still have another to check out yet this week.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: