Monday, February 7, 2011

O.P.I Katy Perry Collection

This is one of the few collections that I nearly screamed when I first saw. To put it in perspective, the last that I did that was when I first read about Viva Glam Gaga. I am still rocking my Katy Perry bangs and I love them even more as the weeks go by and they grow a bit longer. Since I have her bangs now, it is only fitting that I need her nail polish to top it off. This isn't Katy's first venture into the beauty world. Last spring, Lippmann Collection named a shade after Waking Up in Vegas and Katy's first fragrance was released exclusively to Nordstrom last holiday season. This time around, she gets a whole collection to herself.

"Dazzling, colorful, and totally unique...that's Katy Perry. And we LOVE her! Katy's on-stage glam is yours for the taking with shimmering shades of silver, blue, pink, and plum. Add a little edge with our Black Shatter shade - a rockin' new color that creates a 'shattered' effect when applied over dry nail lacquer. Fine, fresh, & fierce...just like Katy".

The first shade is named after her recent hit, Teenage Dream. This song is one of my favorites from her and that attracts me instantly to this polish. This is pink shade, it a cool pale pink with a glitter finish. This one looks as though it will be a very glittery polish and I really like this shade. I will wear this shade all spring and summer and I think that it could even work into next fall. The other shade with the glitter finish is Last Friday Night. This one is a medium cobalt blue and the glitter in the polish looks as though it will have an iridescent cast and shine all different shades. This one is another hit for me from this collection.

The last two shades from this collection have a shimmer finish and are more subtle than the all out glitter shades. Not Like the Movies is a shimmery deep silver and will be perfect with all the trends that we are seeing this spring. I love this shade too. The last shade is named after The One That Got Away. This is a cool toned magenta with a slight shimmer cast. This shade is my least favorite of the collection but I still find it very pretty. This is the only shade that I wouldn't purchase but that is really only because I already own a polish that is almost this exact shade already.

The Black Shatter is a new comcept for this company and one that I haven't seen in a quite a long time on the beauty market. I feel that the last time that I saw any type of cracked polish topcoat was when I was in high school. So this is very unique and very edgy, the Katy Perry collection is one of the few that they could have brought out a product like this. This polish might be a bit much for me for an everyday look especially over a polish with the glitter finish. however, this polish would rock for a night out especially for the nights that I wear one of my collection of little black dresses. I found and added an image that would show off that way that the Black Shatter performs on application.

photo courtesy of hautpr.com

No comments: