Monday, November 4, 2013

Bath and Body Works Forever Midnight

My major thoughts of the beginning of this month are surrounding all the work that I will have to do to get ready for the holidays.  I hate thinking about Christmas before I even have my Halloween costume picked out but now that holiday has come and gone last week and everything is beginning to get decorated for the holidays that are rapidly arriving.  It seems like every store in the mall is decked out and getting ready and Bath and Body Works is leading the pack with brand new holiday items.  Holiday was one of my favorite times of the year there and I have always had a soft spot for Vanilla Bean Noel and buy lots of holiday candles.  Last year, Bath and Body Works broke from its trend of cozy holiday scents (Vanilla Bean Noel, Winter Candy Apple) and introduced a beautiful fragrance named Forever Red that I still consider one of my favorites in my collection.  Thanks to the tremendous success of that fragrance, Bath and Body Works has released another fragrance in the Forever line this holiday season, Forever Midnight. 

Forever Red had distinctive notes of Pomegranate, Osmanthus, and Vanilla Rum and wears differently on every lady that I have ever smelled it on.  This fragrance could be worn day and night and I have worn it from work to class to getting dressed up, this is one of the few fragrances that works in every scenario that I have ever worn it in.  Forever Midnight is a very different style of fragrance, this fragrance is more much about getting dressed up for dates and holiday parties, hence the name "Midnight", this is perfect time of the year to release a fragrance this like!

I love that the Forever fragrances are offered in an Eau de Parfum, I put the Forever Red EDP on in the morning and I can still smell it by the end of my night class.  I am hoping that I can use this fragrance when getting dressed up in the evening and then not need to touch it up at all.  "An irresistible blend of night-blooming vanilla orchid & luscious plum nectar warmed by rich caramel liqueur.", states the Bath and Body Works website. 

The top notes of Forever Midnight are: Plum Nectar, Apple Blossom, Caramelized Pear.  The heart notes are: Night Blooming Vanilla Orchid, Midnight Jasmine, Gardenia.  The base notes are: Caramel Liqueur, Whipped Meringue, Sandalwood.  I tried this fragrance earlier today in the store and decided that the perfume would be my first purchase from this new fragrance line.  The perfume smells very deep on my skin and the Vanilla Orchid and Jasmine come out the strongest on me and this is a very feminine floral fragrance for me.  I have already purchased the large bottle of the EDP and want to go back for more of the body products in the coming weeks.  This scent might be my new favorite for the holiday parties!

This fragrance comes out in many of the same forms as Forever Red: EDP, Shower Gel, Body Lotion, Triple Moisture Body Cream, Fine Fragrance Mist, and all forms of small products.  I wished that this fragrance came in the Rollerball form that I bought the Forever Red fragrance but since that product was discontinued, I wasn't surprised that Midnight wasn't released in it.  So far, I have bought the EDP, Shower Gel, Body Lotion, and Triple Moisture Body Cream.  The Triple Moisture Body Cream holds a special place in my heart because the package features the skyline of Park Avenue on front.  This makes me think of Sex and the City and the scene in Season Four where Samantha meets Richard on the rooftop pool in the middle of the night.  I might have bought the product for just the packaging but I am glad that I like the product inside the pretty package too!

This fragrance will be harder to wear than Forever Red, it is much stronger and more musky.  It will appeal to a special type of customer and at a special time.  I hesitate to call this a hit for this company, I cannot see how many of their holiday customers will try this fragrance out with their Holiday candles and hand soaps.  It will make a lovely gift and I can see it being giving to many women by the men in their lives.  This scent will appeal to their customers who prefer to buy fragrances from Macy*s and Sephora and tend to use Bath and Body Works for other types of items.   I fall into this category and know that I will wear this fragrance when getting dressed up for the holidays and then throughout the winter months.

Happy Holidays!

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: