Thursday, November 28, 2013
China Glaze Holiday 2013 Collection - Happy HoliGlaze Collection
China Glaze is always one of my favorite nail polish lines but I have traditionally not liked their holiday collections. I find this line turns out beautiful collections for spring and fall, all kinds of great bright shades in the summer months but the holiday collections usually repeat the same shades over and over again and are overly glittery or metallic. We will see if Happy HoliGlaze is any better than the last few collections but I don't have high hope for it.
The Happy HoliGlaze collection...
- All Wrapped Up - blue purple microglitter
- Be Merry, Be Bright - purple and red hexagonal glitter suspended in a clear base
- Bells Will Be Blinging - large chunks of blue glitter suspended in a clear base
- Elfin' Around - bright orange-red foil
- Just Be-Claws - medium red foil
- Mingle With Kringle - medium gold foil
- Put A Bow On It - medium purple microglitter
- Santa Red My List - magenta foil
- So Blue Without You - mermaid blue foil
- This Is Tree-Mendous - olive green microglitter
- Your Present Required - multicolored microglitter
- There's Snow One Like You - white textured pieces in a white cream base
This collection rivals the Essie holiday collection as the ugliest collection this holiday season. I hate the majority of the shades in Happy HoliGlaze and will be skipping over this whole collection. I will admit that I like that this company has not released multiple versions of the same red shades over and over again this collection but I can't say that I would wear most of these shades and have no idea what some of them are doing in the holiday collection. There are way too many "non-traditional" holiday shades in this collection and the collection lacks a theme. It appears that China Glaze has grabbed a bunch of shades from their permanent shade line, modified the shades a little bit, and then slapped some type of holiday-inspired name on the bottle. Elfin' Around and So Blue Without You look like they belong in a summer collection. This Is Tree-Mendous, All Wrapped Up, and Put A Bow On It look like they belong in a fall collection. This is the oddest assortment of shades in any holiday collection...
I only like two of the shades, Mingle With Kringle and So Blue Without You are very pretty even though I wouldn't use So Blue Without You until next summer. The rest of the shades are not my cup of tea and they range from the odd to the ugly. The ugliest shade award goes to There's Snow One Like You, this was supposed to be inspired by snow but looks like huge white chunks applied to the nail. Every photo that I find of that shade is uglier than the next.
This collection is a huge miss for me and I won't be buying nail polish until the spring collections release.
photo courtesy of Google