Saturday, November 23, 2013

Smashbox Holiday 2013 Collection - Wondervision

The holiday shopping season is officially in full swing for myself and all my friends and family, we have less than a week until the Thanksgiving weekend and it is really beginning to feel like the holiday season.  I finished burning my last fall candle of the year the other day and I am burning a lovely Winter Candy Apple candle as I type this.  I am really ready to intensify my Christmas shopping and to begin getting my decorations up and ready.  We are going back to looking at holiday collections today and we should be finishing up with them by the middle of next month...

Smashbox's Wondervision collection is my choice of the day, I have not used much from this company recently and I would like to try some of their new products.  The holiday collection is quite small and contains more gift items rather than new products and shades designed for the season.  I think my early favorite piece of Wondervision is a set of lip glosses that I would very much like to add to my collection.

The Wondervision collection contains sets of lip glosses and brushes, along with several eye makeup palettes.  I have loved nearly every single eye makeup product from this company so we will start with the new eye palettes and then move through the rest of the new collection.  Many of my friends love Smashbox and I know that they would all love to receive gifts from Wondervision.

The Wondervision gift collection!

Wondervision Cosmic Eye Set - These sets bring 6 cool eye shadow tones in three color versions. In addition to the hexagonal eyeshadow compact, each of the eye sets features a 0.32 oz Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black, 0.04 oz Limitless Eye Liner in Onyx and 3 get-the-look cards.
- Silver - shimmery oyster
- Luster - matte taupe
- Aqua - shimmery teal
- Smoke - matte dark gray
- Sapphire - deep navy with blue shimmer
- Sandstone - matte warm ivory

Wondervision Sparks Eye Set - These sets bring 6 cool eye shadow tones in three color versions. In addition to the hexagonal eyeshadow compact, each of the eye sets features a 0.32 oz Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black, 0.04 oz Limitless Eye Liner in Onyx and 3 get-the-look cards.
- Bare - matte peach
- Peach - soft shimmery peach
- Gold - shimmering copper
- Coral - pink with gold pearl
- Bronze - golden brown shimmer
- Cocoa - rich dark brown

Wondervision Flash Eye Set - These sets bring 6 cool eye shadow tones in three color versions. In addition to the hexagonal eyeshadow compact, each of the eye sets features a 0.32 oz Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black, 0.04 oz Limitless Eye Liner in Onyx and 3 get-the-look cards.
- Pink Shell - sheer opalescent pink
- Ballet Pink - matte pink
- Taupe - shimmery taupe
- Purple Shimmer - shimmery violet with rose gold flecks
- Slate - shimmery slate
- Plum - deep rich purple

Wondervision Mega Palette - Create multi-faceted looks from subtle to sexy! This mega palette is bursting with color – 34 hues for eyes and cheeks, all in a range of finishes from matte to metallic.
- 30 Eye Shadows (Blue, Citrine, Dark Blue, Golden, Green, Mint, Orange, Peach, Pearl, Pewter, Red, Silver, Slate, Turquoise, Umber, Almond, Beige, Black, Brown, Chestnut, Chocolate, Fawn, Glitz, Grey, Lavender, Maize, Pink, Purple, Taupe, Violet)
- 3 Blushes (Baby Pink, Sherbet, Glow)
- 1 Bronzer in Bronze

Wondervision Lip Gloss Set - This lip gloss set contains a variety of hues to create festive looks for the whole season.  A combination of cream and shimmer finishes provides the finishing touches for any makeup look.
- Pout - sheer pastel pink
- Ruby - sheer bright red
- Luster - sheer with golden pearl
- Tease - sheer raspberry
- Radiant - metallic golden rose

Wondervision Brush Set - Our signature brushes dressed up in chrome, just for the holidays! Swipe, sweep and blend like a pro with this limited-edition set-all wrapped up in a super-luxe clutch.  Includes: 5 full-size, limited-edition brushes & a zippered clutch.- Powder Brush
- Blending Brush
- Crease Brush
- Shadow Liner Brush
- Dual-Ended Liner Brush

This is a great gift collection but I feel that many of the sets are more on the generic side.  I do love the lip gloss set but I think that I own many of these eye shadow shades already and I know that a bunch of my friends do also.  I own more eye and face makeup from this brand, the lip gloss will be a new product for me and therefore this is the only product that I really want from this holiday collection. 

I love the Sparks Eye Set, these neutral hues will work well with all of the shades from the Urban Decay Naked Palettes and this is the only other product that I really want from this collection.  There are a few pink-toned neutrals in this palette and I don't work with those types of shades as much as I do the more neutral hues so I want to mix them in to create more rose gold eye looks.  I can skip the other two eye shadow palettes as I wouldn't wear them very much.  I hate the huge palette as I find these types of palettes to be lacking in quality and they take up took much room in my traincase. 

Overall not my favorite collection for the holiday season, I find the sets to be pretty but a bit too much on the generic side.  I would like the Sparks set and the lip gloss set but this collection is a miss for me.  Smashbox is a brand that I normally love so I am quite disappointed with some of the choices in Wondervision.

photo courtesy of Smashbox

No comments: