Sunday, November 17, 2013

Josie Maran 100 Percent Pure Argan Oil

I have been using my new purchases from the Josie Maran product line for the past few weeks and I am liking the products more and more every single day.  We have already looked at the face cleanser and blush from the collection and today we are looking at one of the hero products in the Josie Maran line.  The majority of her products contain her exclusive Argan Oil ingredient and today we will looking at the purest version of it, the 100 Percent Pure Argan Oil moisturizer.  I have used the Tarte Maracuja oil last winter and I was very happy with the results.  My experience with that product were the primary reason that I decided to try this product from Josie Maran.

With the exception of when I used the Tarte oil as my night moisturizer, I have always used a lighter face cream or lotion during the day and then a heavier product at night.  There are two versions of this face oil and it is also contained in multiple moisturizers in this line.  I wanted to try the most pure form of the ingredient first and I will be trying more of the moisturizers throughout the rest of the winter.

"A 100 percent natural, organic, and antioxidant-rich oil to hydrate and nourish skin, hair, and nails.  This legendary, 100 percent pure Argan Oil is rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids to deeply hydrate and nourish skin. Grown organically in Morocco, the multitasking formula contains astonishing healing, conditioning, and antiaging properties to create a nourished, youthful-looking complexion. It easily absorbs into skin, delivering a fresh, dewy glow, and keeps you looking beautiful from head to toe. Especially great for sensitive and acne-prone skin, it may also be used to treat split ends and soften cuticles."

"Pure Argan Oil is first cold pressed to ensure the best quality, highest-grade oil. It is housed in a recyclable glass bottle and purchased from women's cooperatives in Morocco to support their social and economic welfare. These cooperatives work within a UNESCO biosphere reserve that ensures the protection and reforestation of Argan trees.", states the Sephora website.

The Sephora website provides further results of the clinical trials of this product.  "In a 4-week clinical test:
- 83% of women showed significantly improved skin hydration
- Participants saw a visible reduction in coarse wrinkles and fine lines in the eye area"

I have heard this product described as a "Holy Grail" by those ladies who have dry, sensitive skin and love the feel and hydration results from face oils.  This is one of the best selling and top rated face oils at Sephora and a product that was recommended to me by several Sephora sales associates and managers during my visit. 

I use this product only at night, it is richer and more hydrating than I usually prefer in a day cream.  I doubt that I would ever use this or any type of oil during the day and I also am not sure how long into the spring that I would be using this product.  It is pretty safe for me to say that oils are best during the cold weather for me and would take the place of my traditional night cream.

There are quite a few advantages to this product for those with dry and/or sensitive skin.  The oil hydrates wells and absorbs very quickly, I have been looking at my pillowcase every morning to see if there is excess residue on it and so far there have been no major issues.  My red cheek area has been soothed with the use of this product and I have had no issues with any type of irritation on my delicate facial skin.  Overall, I am very happy with this product for my skin type. 

This oil is recommended for all skin types but I cannot see how this would work on oily skin types.  I might have a better idea of an answer to this question as the weather warms up and my skin becomes less dry.  Facial oils are a great idea for me in the winter months however I can't see myself using this product much into the spring season.  I would consider switching over to one of the Josie Maran face lotions at this time so I could reap the benefits of the argan oil but in a more diluted form.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: