Sunday, November 3, 2013

Bobbi Brown Holiday 2013 Color Collection - Old Hollywood

November is officially here so it is the start of the holiday season for me and I am starting this month off with a collection that I fell in love with as soon as I saw the promo picture for it.  Bobbi Brown always releases two collections for the holidays, one color collection and then a gift collection later on in the season.  Today we are starting with the color collection as I am more excited for this collection than the gifts.  Katie Holmes has been the face of this brand for quite a bit and my face and hair coloring is very similar to hers so I am often looking to this brand for new shades and products.

The Bobbi Brown holiday color collection is named Old Hollywood and it highlights defined cheekbones and deep red lips.  I am already looking forward to adding another red lipstick to my collection the next time that I head toward the Bobbi Brown counter.  I don't believe that I own any lipsticks from this company yet so I have another formula to try out.  Bobbi Brown started her company with a few lipstick shades and this product quickly became one of her trademarks so I am very excited to try some new formulas from her.

The Old Hollywood collection from Bobbi Brown!

Old Hollywood Eye Palette - The Old Hollywood eye palette features a mixture of cool and warm hues with both glitter and matte finishes so you can go demure or glamorous depending on your mood.  It contains nine neutral and glamourous hues to complement any occasion this holiday season.
- Ivory - matte ivory
- Golden Pink Metallic - metallic rose gold
- Gold Sparkle - medium gold shimmer
- Opal Sparkle - pale pink shimmer
- Fog - matte pale gray
- Beige - matte pale beige
- Chocolate Brown Sparkle - medium brown shimmer
- Candlelight Gold Metallic - pale gold shimmer
- Eclipse - matte charcoal

Ink Liner - A pen-style liquid liner that doesn't fade, flake or smudge.  Flexible felt-tip applicator delivers carbon black pigments with extreme precision. It glides on evenly without dragging or tugging on lids.
- Blackest Black - deep true black

Lip Gloss - This high-shine formula gives lips a sultry sheen for a fuller look.  Formulated with jojoba and avocado oils for immediate hydration, plus Vitamins C and E. Aloe extract soothes lips and helps keep them feeling comfortable.
- Siren Red - medium blue red

High Shimmer Lip Gloss - A high-shine gloss with a special mix of pearls in a clear base (for a super reflective effect).   This vitamin-enriched formula conditions lips while providing non-sticky, but long-lasting color.
- Candlelight - neutral with gold pearl
- Rose - medium rose pearl
- Pure Gold - medium nude with gold pearl

Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick -  long-lasting, do-it-all eye shadow that's a stroke of genius—just swipe and go. This budge-proof formula stays put for 8 hours.Glides on lids tug-free and can be used to shade, define, smoke up and highlight eyes. Comes in subtle to eye-popping shades that last for up to 8 hours without creasing, flaking or fading (and it's completely waterproof).
- Tuxedo Black - deep charcoal
- 24 Karat - medium gold
- Bronze - medium bronze

I am a bit disappointed that there is no red lipstick in this collection and that Katie Holmes is wearing a red lip gloss.  I have heard that the lip gloss formula from Bobbi Brown is very pigmented and opaque so I really thought it was an actual lipstick formula.  The Siren Red Lip Gloss is my top choice from this collection and I am very excited to pick it up for my gloss collection.  My second favorite product is the Old Hollywood Eye Palette, this contains some great neutrals that will work well this holiday season parties and for a professional look. 

I actually want this entire collection and cannot find a product that I dislike in it.  I would like all of the lip glosses and all of the eye makeup products shown here, I am especially fond of the Long-Wear Cream Shadow Sticks in gold and bronze. 

This collection from Bobbi Brown will be in my top favorites of the holiday season and has the potential to be my favorite collection of the whole season.  In the next few weeks, we will look at the gift collection from this company and see how many more products from Bobbi Brown I will be adding to my makeup collection.

photo courtesy of Bobbi Brown

No comments: