Friday, March 5, 2010

Awake Hydro Force Oil-Free Treatment

A couple of years ago, I developed an obsession with Awake skincare and makeup. However, that was when it was more readily available than it is now. With Bath and Body Works now longer carrying the brand and it not being available at Sephora, it is no longer a line of products that I can drive to my nearby mall and pick up quickly if I hear about an interesting product from them. Which is a shame, since almost every product that I have used so far from this company makes me very happy. Awake is a brand that is part of Kose, it is made in Japan, and is centered around the use of botanicals to brighten and improve the skin.

Hydro Force Oil-Free Treatment is the current moisturizer that I am using to take my skin from later winter into early spring. For this time of the year, I need something that is very hydrating and soothing since during the changing of the seasons, my face gets very dry and is more easily irritated than usual. I bought this product at Bath and Body Works sometime before they discontinued the line and I just found it recently in my pile of unused skin care products.

"A lightweight, intensive moisturizer that provides 24-hour hydration for soft, smooth skin. Phospholipids supply natural moisture, while pure Almond Extract creates a water reserve for long-lasting hydration. Uses a Hydro-Fix polymer base for a water-like texture that transforms into jelly-like texture when absorbed into skin, helping to retains moisture", states the Awake website when describing this product. This product can be used once or twice a day, applying after serum for best results. This product is housed in a pump bottle and usually one or two pumps is perfect to cover my entire face. At one point, this product was also available in a creamier formula housed in a jar however I no longer see it on the Awake website so I guess that it is no longer available.

I use this product both morning and night. My favorite aspect of this product is the texture, I love the light texture because it is easily absorbed and it still very hydrating. This product has not irritated my skin but I really haven't noticed much redness reduction in my cheek area. I also haven't broken out once since using this product, which is a huge plus in my book. The product has no real discernable fragrance and is a good choice for those who have sensitive skin.

I really wish that I didn't have to drive an hour and a half down to King of Prussia to get this line of skincare products.

photo courtesy of Awake/Kose

No comments: