Monday, March 1, 2010

Bath and Body Works P.S. I Love You Spring Fling

Now it is time for the part of my shopping trip to Bath and Body Works. In addition to all the rest of the newness in the store, they have released an update to their P.S. I Love You fragrance from their Signature Collection line of body products. Last fall, I raved about the original P.S. I Love You and I might even like this new version more. Like I need to like another fragrance from Bath and Body Works... It is at the point that I scroll down the fragrance list on the website and I own products from 95% of the Signature Collection fragrance and the Classics Collection. I think I have a disease...

But I digress... Here is the description of the new version of the fragrance right from the Bath and Body Works website, "Inspired by the thrill of falling in love, master perfumers have created this playful twist on our original P.S. I Love You with a flirty blend of soft petals, sparkling water, and wild honeysuckle, and fresh air." It is lighter and softer than the original and the sprakling water notes make it quite a different scent. This is not P.S. I Love You in a different package.

Let's compare the notes of the two fragrances. First, P.S. I Love You Spring Fling. The top notes are: Sparkling Water, Melon, Fresh Air Ozonic notes, Sparkling Citrus, Rose. The middle notes are: Muguet, Rose, Honeysuckle, Plum. The base/dry down notes are: Amber Musk, Cedarwood, Sheer Vetiver. Now for the original. The top notes are: Fresh Citrus, Lychee, Peony, Yellow Rose, Sparkling Riesling. The middle notes are: Scarlet Velvet Rose, Orchid, Purple Lilies, Jasmine, Hyponotic Incense. The base/dry down notes are: Creamy Sandalwood, Patchouli, Golden Amber, and Musk. The new one has a more rose in it and i love how they blended the water and air notes in.

I bought the new version in the shower gel, body lotion, and the new version of the body cream. The updated version of the body cream is called the Triple Moisture Body Cream. Here is the description of the new product, "Fortified with our exclusive Triple Moisture Complex of conditioning milk proteins, rice bran oil, and protective acai berry extract, our Signaure Triple Moisture Body Cream provides deep, 24 hour moisture that softens even the driest skin. Our non-greasy formula deeply conditions, leaving skin moisturized, fragrant, and more beautiful than ever before." Off the top of head, I am pretty sure that the two major ingredients in the original body cream were the milk proteins and the rice bran oil so the change in the two products is the addition of the acai berry extract. I haven't gotten to really use this new product yet so I am unable to comment on how it performs against the old formula.

I would also like to get the new version in the EDT and I hope that it is not limited edition. At the moment, it appears that it will be since Bath and Body Works did not release it in all the Signature Collection products. I will have to head back to Bath and Body Works soon since I was given a massive pile of coupons on my last visit and see what else I end up buying.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: