Tuesday, March 16, 2010

MAC Give Me Liberty of London

This latest collection from MAC is one of the ones that I had been looking forward to since I first read about it early last winter on Specktra.net. It is called Give Me Liberty of London and I have always been obsessed with all things British, so this collection really hits the spot for me! This collection has the most amazing packaging of the last few MAC collections and also has matching accessories for it. I have a feeling that I will be dropping quite a lot of money on these products!

"Give me prim. Give me proper. In this colourful collaboration, MAC celebrates Liberty of London's most famous prints. Bloomingly lovely!"

Let's go!

Liberty of London Eye Shadow - A limited-edition Eye Shadow packaged in a glossy white case. The see-through lid is decorated with an exclusively created floral motif for the Give Me Liberty of London collection.
- Give Me Liberty of London - flat creamy pink (Matte)
- Free to Be - creamy true coral (Matte)
- Dame's Desire - frosty mid-tone reddish purple (Frost)
- Bough Grey - mid-tone blueish grey (Satin)
- Birds & Berries - frosted dark green blue (Veluxe Pearl)

Liberty of London Lipstick - A limited-edition Lipstick packaged in a glossy white case decorated with an exclusively created flower and bird pattern for the Give Me Liberty of London collection.
- Peachstock - neutral peach (Satin)
- Ever Hip - creamy light coral (Cremesheen)
- Blooming Lovely - creamy greyed lilac mauve (Amplified)
- Petals & Peacocks - creamy bright magenta pink (Amplified)

Liberty of London Tinted Lipglass - A limited-edition Lipglass in a see-through vial. The glossy white cap is decorated with an exclusively created flower and bird pattern for the Give Me Liberty of London collection.
- Frankly Fresh - neutral pink beige with soft pearl
- Perennial High Style - creamy bright pink coral
- English Accents - creamy midtone blue pink
- A Different Groove - deep purple brown with pearl

Liberty of London Powder Blush - A limited-edtion Powder Blush packaged in a glossy white case decorated with an exclusively created flower and bird pattern for the Give Me Liberty of London collection.
- Prim & Proper - neutral nude (Matte)
- Dirty Plum - sheer dark plum (Matte)

Libery of London Beauty Powder - The luxurious, soft pearl finish of MAC Beauty Powder packaged in a glossy white compact. Lid is decorated with an exclusively created flower and bird pattern for the Give Me Liberty of London collection. Limited edition.
- Shell Pearl - pale peach with gold pearl
- Summer Rose - soft violet pink with pearl

Liberty of London Nail Lacquer - A limited-edition Nail Lacquer decorated with an exclusively created flower and bird pattern for the Give Me Liberty of London collection.
- Blue India - dark green blue with pearl (Cream)
- Vestral White - creamy white (Cream)

Liberty of London Makeup Bag/Small - A limited-edtion laminated makeup bag decorated with an exclusively created flower and bird pattern for the Give Me Liberty of London collection. Zip closure boasts a fabulously outsize floral pull. Measures 8" x 2.75" x 3.5".

Liberty of London Makeup Bag/Medium - A limited-edition laminated makeup bag decorated with an exclusively created flower and bird pattern for the Give Me Liberty of Lodon collection. Zip closure boasts a fabulously outsize floral pull. Measures 8" x 2.75" x 5".

Liberty of London Scarf - A limited-edition scarf designed with an exclusively created floral pattern for the Give Me Liberty of London collection. Rows of coral, orange, yellow, and blue flowers form a repeating pattern on a white background. The fabric is a soft wool/vicose blend. Made in Italy. Measures 27" x 82".

So the accessories didn't excite me quite as much as I had initially thought that they would. But the packaging continues to excite me and will end up making me purchase most of this collection. The Summer Rose Beauty Powder is a perfect example of this concept. It came out last year during A Rose Romance, had a rose pattern stamped on it and I bought it without trying it. Because I was so excited about the rose on it. Now with this collection, it's appeal is not near as big and won't be a purchase since I find the product to be too lightly pigmented.

But what do I want most from this collection? From the eye makeup, I want only Give Me Liberty of London. Now, I am not always a big fan of matte eye shadows but I can see this one working well with many shades that I already own. I don't like either of the blush shades and only want the Beauty Powder in the Shell Pearl shade. From the lipsticks, Blooming Lovely caught my eye immediately and I am dying to see how the greyed-out mauve hue looks on myself. From the Lipglasses, I can see Frankly Fresh vaulting all the way up into Holy Grail status for a natural look or against strong eyes. I also like the shades Perennial High Style and English Accents. To finish it off, I want the nail polish in Blue India.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: