Thursday, March 11, 2010

O.P.I. Alice in Wonderland Collection

All of the hype around Alice in Wonderful has swelled and reached a fever pitch with the release of the movie. Before anyone even asks, no I have not seen the movie nor have I gotten my hands on the Book of Shadows yet. I do plan to do both in the near future. Another collection has been released to celebrate this movie, this one from nail polish company O.P.I. Four new shades are available on the O.P.I. website and I bet that there will be tons of ladies wearing one of these polish shades and the Urban Decay shadow shades when they go see this movie.

The first shade is called Thanks So Muchness and it is mid-tone berry cream. This is one of the shades that is on the more traditional side of this collection and could eaasily be worked into any look. The second shade is another one that is a cream and a more traditional shade. It is called Off With Her Red! and is a blue based true red. Both of these colors are very nice but they are pretty common and I bet that O.P.I. already had shades very much like these in their collection.

The other shades are the less traditional of the collection and both of them have a shimmery finish. My favorite shade is Absolutely Alice and is a shade that some would consider blue and some would consider it to have an aqua cast to it. I put it firmly in with blue group and I have always loved blue polishes, so this one is a great fit for me. The last shade of the collection is called Mad As A Hatter. That one wins for my favorite shade name from this collection! This shade is a medium blue purple and the photo on the website makes it look as though it has an iridescent cast to it.

I searched through a couple of blogs in hopes that I could find better pictures of these polishes but I have come up empty so far. I found one picture of Mad As A Hatter in April's Glamour and it appears in that photo to have multi-colored sparkles in it yet too. I want to get both of the shimmery shades from this collection. My top pick is the Absolutely Alice but I was want to try Mad As A Hatter in a pedicure. I don't know that I could pull it off in a manicure so I will be starting out with it on my toes in sandal weather.

photo courtesy of Amazon.com

No comments: