Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lippmann Collection Spring 2010 Shades

Lippmann Collection (also known as my favorite nail polishes in the entire world!) has released now new shades of polish for this spring. The first one that caught my eye was the new shade that is named after a Katy Perry song that I love. I might be alone in this but I look at the names of the new shades before I even look at the colors. When she released Tiny Dancer (after the Elton John song - a longtime favorite of mine), I wanted it without even knowing what color it was. Good thing that it is a beautiful sheer pale pink...to add to my collection of sheer pinks! If she released a polish named Bad Romance...

The first new shade is called I'm Not Innocent. This shade has a cream finish and it is a "clean, creamy peach". This shade is very pale and I could see it being flattering on those with both paler complexion and those with a bit of tan later on in the season. I think that this is pretty shade for other people, I think that my skin is too cool toned to make this one very flattering.

The second new shade is called Waking Up In Vegas and this is the one that I was so excited about earlier. Being that it's Katy Perry, I was hoping for a brighter shade but this one is a grey hue. Lippmann describes it as a "puddy-liscious gray" and it has a cream finish. I guess maybe the shade is based on what Katy felt like in the song after waking up and trying to figure out the night before. I don't really know but I do know that I like it a lot and I can see this one working as a neutral to flatter everyone.

The third new shade is one that was designed especially for Shape Magazine and is named Shape of My Heart. I love this shade so much...it's another sheer pale pink to add my evergrowing collection of polishes in this hue. As I said above, this polish was created for Shape Magazine to help fight breast cancer. I am making an assumption then that some of the proceeds of this shade are donated to charity. I want this shade and this is one that I know that I will get a lot of use out of.

The last new shade is called Happy Birthday and is my least favorite out of the group. It is a glitter finish and when she labels a shade with a glitter finish, it contains tons of either chunky or fine glitter. And this shade is no exception to that rule. This shade is described as "party in a bottle" with tons of multi-colored glitter in it. I have always found that glitter formula polishes are awaful to both get on and remove so at least if Lippmann can do it right then I don't mind it quite as much. But I would never wear this shade so there is no point in me testing it out against other glitters.

I want Waking Up In Vegas and Shape of My Heart, I tend wear mostly pales in spring and that appears how most of the nail trends are going this season.

photo courtesy of Lippmann Collection

No comments: