Wednesday, March 24, 2010

MOP Glisten Drops

About two months ago, I talked about my raves for MOP Glisten Shampoo and my thoughts on the matching conditioner from the line. In the meantime, I have been using a styling product from this line, the Glisten Drops. Currently, MOP has five styling products available in the Glisten line. The Glisten Drops are what we will discuss today, however the other four products are Volumizing Spray, High Shine Pomade, Finish Spray, and Spray Gloss.

The MOP website describes this product as follows, "Smoothes the hair for beautiful light reflection to create modern, healthy looking hair. May be used to reduce tack, improve dispersability, and add shine to any other styling aid. This is truly the ultimate cocktailing product!" This product contains organic oatstraw, horsetail, and aloe to add shine and reflection to the finished hair style. It also contains Vitamin E and UV protectors to help protect and strengthen hair.

Based on the instructions from MOP, this product should be used on dry, styled hair as a last step in the morning regime. The majority of my usage is done in this way. I tried it as a smoothing product on wet hair before styling instead of my normal Jonathan Silky Dirt. I prefer it used on dry hair, it didn't feel that it smoothed my hair as well as Silky Dirt. I also have not tried to cocktail this product, most of my products are for hydrating and smoothing but I feel that cocktailing would make them too heavy and really weigh my hair down. This might work if your haircare products are lighter weight than mine are but I will need different products to test this theory out.

Used on dry hair, I get a great shine without my hair feeling weighed down. This product didn't build up over time or leave my hair feeling sticky. I have gotten great results from this little gem of a serum.

I was given this product from the vendor at Bath and Body Works before they stopped carrying it. I have been using this product for over a year and I am only halfway through the bottle, I only need 2 to 3 drops to do my whole head. I put the drops in my hand, rubs my hands together, and run them over my the top of my hair. This product is also unisex, I knew a guy that used it on dry hair to style. He rubbed a drop between his hands and then ran them for his hair for a quick mussed up style. I love that MOP products can be used multiple ways by many different people and still deliver high quality results.

photo courtesy of Modern Organic Products

No comments: