Friday, March 19, 2010

Dior Dior Addict 2

Dior Addict 2 is a fragrance of mine that never failed to get me compliments from men. Any guy that I dated while wearing it always commented on much they liked this fragrance. Seeing that it doesn't contain the usual pumpkin pie note that every women's magazine insists that men love, I was a bit surprised at the reception that this fragrance always received.

The Dior website gives the following as the description of the fragrance, "Inspired by the Dior Girly collection, this tangy fruity-floral incarnates a bubble of optimism and mischievous femininity for the innocently sexy girl. High-energy yet soft and playfully seductive, this fragrance sparkles with notes of citrus followed by a heart of delicate freesia and grenadine and a subtle white musk drydown." Innocently sexy...I like this!

Grapefruit is the top note of this fragrance. Dior states that "Grapefruit essence is obtained by cold-pressing the peel of the fruit. It is used in citrus fragrances to which it lends a fresh, piquant quality."

Freesia is the heart note of this fragrance. Dior states that "The freesia is a perennial bulbous plant that is native to South Africa. Its delicate, luminous floral scent recalls jasmine, orange blossom, and tuberose. Its mellow, almost fruity accents are to be found in the heart notes of Tendre Poison and Dior Addict 2."

White Musk is the base note of the fragrance. Dior states the "White musk is a synthetic ingredent which gives fragrance a clean, skin scent. An archetypal dry-down note, it can be found in Dior Addict Eau Fraiche and Dior Addict 2."

The innocently sexy description of this fragrance is one that I agree with 100%. I always wore this fragrance because I loved the way that it smelled and never dreamed that it would be attractive to men. I guess that it was appealing in that it is on the lighter side of fragrances yet is still feminine. The grapefruit note makes the fragrance playful and energizing. I first smelled this fragrance in 2005 while shopping at Sephora. It had just come in and neither myself nor the friend that I was with had ever heard of it. The manager had just gotten a bottle out of the shipment and was raving over it and sprayed it on both of us. I loved it and my friend bought me a giftset of it for the next Christmas. I have long used that bottle up and will be needing to buy another one soon before it get warm enough to wear it.

photo courtesy of Dior

No comments: