Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bobbi Brown Spring 2010 - Cabana Corals

The newest Bobbi Brown collection has been touted as one fo the best of the season by numerous bloggers and other beauty insiders. Seeing as how I don't really like corals all that much, I don't really feel that it will have the same status for myself...but you never know. The Bobbi Brown website states that this spring, Bobbi decided to put a fresh spin on coral, an old-school favorite.

Here's the collection...

Nectar Shimmer Brick - This shimmering, brush-on powder creates a soft, coral glow. Works well with neutral and peach blush shades.

Pink Quartz Shimmer Brick - This shimmering, brush-on powder creates a soft, warm pink glow. Works well with neutral and pink blush shades.

Pot Rouge For Lips and Cheeks - This cream-based formula is great on both lips and cheeks for a sheer, stained finish. Available in a wide array of color choices for a variety of skin tones. For all skin types.
- Cabo Coral - pink nectar
- Calypso Coral - bright coral

Shimmer Lip Gloss - Infused with subtle sparkel, Shimmer Lip Gloss is perfect worn on its own or over your favorite lipstick. Aloe extract soothes and softens lips, Vitamins C and E offer anti-oxidant protection, and Jojoba and Avocado Oils keep lips soft and moisturized.
- Golden Nectar - peach coral shimmer
- Sunset Beach - golden pink coral
- Coral Sand - golden peach

Metallic Lip Color - Metallic Lip Color is made with a unique combination of high-shine emollients and light-reflective pearls for medium coverage with multi-dimensional shimmer.
- Coral Reef - medium pink coral
- Calypso Glaze - golden pink
- Coral Glaze - nude nectar

Lip Color - Bobbi's classic lipstick: rich, full coverage with a soft matte finish.
- Guava - medium tone nectar
- Orange - pumpkin orange

Eye Shadow - Available in a range of shades for lids, lining eyes, and defining brows. This silky, matte formula glides on smoothly and blends easily. Comes in a sleek, flip-top compact that can be used individually or assembled into palettes (sold separately).
- Caviar - black brown
- Navajo - creamy pinkish white

Extreme Party Mascara - Our boldest mascara ever. Unbelievable volume. Endless build. Exceptional separation. Pliable formula stays flexible even after it dries, so each coat goes on fresh as the first - immediately or hours later -with zero dragging, clumping, or flaking. Tapered brush grabs even the smallest, hard-to-reach lashes. Now that's beautiful.

While I think that many of these shades are very attractive in the tube, I believe in my heart of hearts that many of them will be too warm for my skintone. I like the collection a lot but having the words "warm", "peachy", or "golden" in a description just spells death for me. I want to give the Pink Quartz Shimmer Brick a shot, it has the word "warm" in the description but the picture appears cooler than most of the other shades. Also, I want to get the Pot Rouge in Cabo Coral. I had never even heard of the Pot Rouge product until I looked this collection up so I found a new product to try, which makes me very happy. I would also like to get the Eye Shadow in both of the new shades and the Lipstick in Guava (hopefully this is a cool enough tone to work for me).

photo courtesy of Bobbi Brown

No comments: