Monday, March 15, 2010

Manicure with Lippmann Collection "Happy Birthday"

This is a picture of a bottle of Lippmann Collection's Happy Birthday polish. I had first thought that I wouldn't like this shade but after using it, I really appreciate its complexity and what the photo on the website (just of a swatch of the color) couldn't fully capture. A PR firm provided me with a bottle of this product and I am very glad that they did because I have begun to rethink my notions on glitter polish.

I was trying to get a good shot of my manicure with this polish but my digital camera is doing something strange and refuses to upload the pictures. You will see (based on the provided picture) that in the bottle, this polish looks like a sea of glitter. I assume that one could wear it that way if they took the time to totally cover their nails in the glitter. However, I like it when the glitter specks are more dispersed and my natural nails show through.

I used two coats of polish and no top coat when I tried this shade out. I noticed that I have the best application results when I put a blob of the polish on my nail then use the brush to to thin it out and cover the nail. I was able to precisely place some of the sparkles to cover a white spot on one of my nails.

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: