Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hourglass Prodigy Hydrating Lip Gloss

I have never used a Hourglass product before, in fact I don't believe that I have ever even played with one or had any interest in one before. I know next to nothing about this brand or the products that they offer. What made me interested in this lip gloss? I read about it in the latest Sephora catalog and what caught my attention was how small this product is and how it is designed to fit easily into a pocket or clutch. I hate big bags when I go out and therefore am always interested in little glosses that will fit into the smallest of bags. And they are not so easy to find (outside of little sets). It can't hurt to look.

Sephora defines this product as "an ultra-hydrating, water-resistant, sheer lip gloss featured in a stunningly sleek package." Some more details are provided right here, "Enriched with Vitamin E, Prodigy hydrates the lips with a silky and non-tacky formula, while offering superior, water-resistant color." Sephora also states that this product is contoured to fit easily into the palm of your hand and will easily for into a pocket or small clutch. I like that this product is water-resistant and then hopefully will not need many touch-ups throughout the night.

The shades that this product is available in...

- Eden - peachy beige
- Hypnotic - golden berry shimmer
- Legend - dusty rose
- Opium - plum bronze shimmer
- Pulse - golden strawberry shimmer
- Surreal - iridescent pale pink

My two picks from the shades are Legend and Surreal. Why? They are more neutral and therefore should go with most eye makeup looks. I think Legend is my favorite because it reminds me of MAC's Ample Pink Lipglass shade. I will have to drop into Sephora and look at these glosses. While I am there, I will squeeze in a couple extra minutes to view more products in the line.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: