Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Five Favorite - Lippmann Collection Nail Polishes

Lippmann Collection is hands down my favorite nail polishes and the line that I recommend to anyone searching for great colors or treatment products. So I feel that it is only fitting that I share my five favorite shades from the line and hopefully inspire some new lemmings for this collection.

Just Walk Away Renee - This shade was created with Renee Zellweger and is my favorite shade of the whole collection. This is listed as one of the top sellers on the website and for very good reason. This shade never fails to get me a bunch of compliments whether I use it on my hands or my toes. This shade is described by Lippmann as being a berry black cherry and has a cream finish.

Wicked Game - I was sent a bottle of this shade from a PR company and was so excited that I immediately cleaned off my old manicure and tried this one out. This shade is named after the classic song and this is also a song that Deborah covers on her second jazz album. This shade is also listed as a top seller and has been that way ever since it came out last holiday season. This shade is a swirling lavender gray with an iridescent finish. This shade could also be described as a duochrome since it is dark lavender in some lights, gray in others.

Tiny Dancer - This is my favorite song of all time so it is fitting that it makes my favorites list. What also helps is that the shade is a sweet spot pink with the sheer finish that I love so much when I go to do manicures that have to last for a week. This is a great basic shade that will complement every skin tone and work well on everyone.

Baby Love - I think this shade is named after a song but nothing is jumping out at me at the moment. Regardless, this is another shade like Tiny Dancer that I use all the time for simple, pretty manicures. This shade is described as baby doll pink and it is also a sheer shade. It is quite close to Tiny Dancer so unless you are as obsessed with pale pink polishes as I am, you don't really need to own both.

Purple Rain - This shade was created in spring of 2009 with Zac Posen and was another instant sell out. In fact this shade was sold out for weeks everywhere that I looked then somehow I found a bottle of it buried in a container when I was digging for other Lippmann shades at Bath and Body Works. That find made my day. This is shade that I get so many compliments on, especially from men. This shade is described as Zac's signature twinkling lilac and has a shimmering frost finish.

I hope that I have given you some new reasons to check Lippmann out. The picture is of Wicked Game and it is my current shade obsession. I am already planning my next date pedicure.

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: