Sunday, June 6, 2010

Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie En Rose

Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb fragrance is one that seems to be either loved or hated. It is burst of floral notes so it isn't hard to see which group I fall into. A new version of the scent has just been released which I am more excited about than the original, Flowerbomb La Vie En Rose. Yes, it has the magical rose note in it that doesn't follow me to not like it. Also, the bottle is bright pink, putting more points in its favor.

Sephora places this fragrance in the Floral category. The description of the fragrance from their website is as follows, "This limited-edition fragrance has the power to seduce with the same glamorous extravagence as the classic Flowerbomb Eau de Parfum. This sparkling and sophisticated rendition entices you to indulge in the power of a refreshingly crisp sensation. The scent opens with top notes of tangerine, bergamot, tea, and pink pepper. Lily of the Valley, freesia, and Centifolia Rose create the floral heart. A base of amber and patchouli provides a compelling anchor".

The notes of the fragrance are: Tangerine, Bergamot, Tea, Pink Pepper, Lily of the Valley, Freesia, Centifolia Rose, Amber, Patchouli.

In the comments section of the Sephora website, someone noted that this fragrance is lighter than the original Flowerbomb. The original is quite heavy and I would use it in colder temperatures as to not overwhelm those around me. I want to try this fragrance out for myself and determine what season it would be best in. With the Pink Pepper and Amber notes, it still might be too strong for warm weather. However, I am already beginning to decide what fragrances I need to buy for fall, so I can decide what shopping list to put this one on.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: