Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil

Everytime that I write about Urban Decay collections, I always wax poetic about the 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils. However, it took me until I was writing about their new summer collection for me to realize that I have never written about them and about all the shades that they are available in. So it is time that they get their own write up. It is rare that I use the same eye makeup product more than one a week so when I use these two or three days in a row, I know that I have found a hit product.

The Urban Decay website states the following about the product itself. "The best Eye Pencil ever, ever, ever! Never before has a pencil this creamy and brillant been waterproof, too. Velvety soft, this never-before-seen formula stays soft and creamy for blending (about 30 seconds), then dries down to a long-lasting finish that WILL NOT budge. Line eyes with a hint of color or go for the full artistic, multi-hued effect with the wide selection of lush, tropical hues, deep metallics, and unusually vibrant neutrals. Incredible with Urban Decay Eye Shadows! Created with 50% moisturizing ingredients suspended in a sophisticated waterproof formula, 24/7 Eye Pencils offer long-lasting color and a dreamy, creamy feel when applied. With Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, and Cottonseed Oil".

This liner is available in a wide range of shades, with the best-selling and award-winning black shade, Zero. I have currently have three of their shades in my collection; Baked, Dime, and Honey. Honey is my favorite which is why I am so unhappy that it is no longer available. This was the perfect gold for me but i see that with the summer collection, a new gold shade was introduced and I will be buying it when I run through my current pencil of Honey.


Let's see our shade choices...

- 1999 - plum with teeny gold glitter
- Baked - bold bronze
- Binge - navy blue
- Bourbon - brown with teeny gold glitter
- Covet - peacock green
- Crash - deep purple with teeny silver glitter
- Deviant - bold blue
- Dime - very metallic silver
- Eldorado - gold
- Electric - bright aquamarine
- Flipside - bright teal
- Graffiti - bright medium green with silver sparkle
- Gunmetal - gunmetal with teeny silver glitter
- Lucky - brilliant deep copper
- Lust - deep purple with subtle silver sparkle
- Mildew - deep green
- Oil Slick - black with teeny silver glitter
- Ransom - bright iridescent purple
- Rockstar - darkest eggplant
- Stash - dark green/gold
- Underground - metallic taupe
- Yeyo - metallic white
- Zero - zealous black

This eye liner is everything that the description states. It never budges after the 30 seconds (I have found that it sets in closer to 20 so you do need to learn to who quick) and lasts all day long. It comes off easily with eye makeup remover and has never irritated my eyes or contacts. The formula is very easy to work with and is super soft on my skin.

Even though I already own three shades of this liner, there are still many more that I want to buy. I want Oil Slick and Zero the most. I also would like to buy Bourbon, Graffiti, Gunmetal, Lucky, Mildew, Rockstar, Stash, and Underground. I guess you can never have too many of a great product. I am hoping that Eldorado is everything that Honey was or else I will very disappointed though...

photo courtesy of Urban Decay

No comments: