Monday, June 28, 2010

Phyto Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Shampoo

Since I love Phytocitrus, I decided that I might like their other shampoos just as much. Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Shampoo is one of their most famous products so I decided to try and start with this one. This is a favorite of Jean Godfrey June and she has written about this product multiple times in Lucky. So I must admit that she did help to push me to try this shampoo out before some of the other ones from this line.

This shampoo is based toward dry and moderately damaged hair. Sephora places that product in the following category - "A gentle, moisturizing cleanser for dry, medium-to-coarse hair". The Sephora website gives the following details about the product. "Nuture and soften distressed locks with this aromatic, coconut-based shampoo, formulated to cleanse while instantly rehydrating hair with jojoba oil, and a unique concentration of cornflower and mallow extracts (40%)".

This shampoo has four major active ingredients. Jojoba Oil moisturizes and restores the hydrolipidic film of the hair. Wood cellulose helps to retain moisture and detangle the hair. Both cornflower and mallow extracts help to soften the hair and rebuild elasticity. The coconut in the shampoo helps to cleanse the hair without having to use strong detergents to clean the hair. This shampoo has a very thick texture and produces very little foam. This shampoo has a similar texture to the other Phyto shampoos that I have tried so far.

I bought this product at Sephora and when I was there, I expressed the concern that this product has nothing about color treated hair in the description. The sales associate assured me that with the lack of detergents, the product would be color safe. She then proceeded to tell me that when using this product on color treated hair, best results would be obtained by alternating it with the Phytocitrus Shampoo. I want to try this combination out but I have to hit them up again and buy more Phytocitrus Shampoo to try this and see how they work together.

I already own all the matching conditioners to this product and will finish trying them out very soon. I think that I prefer the Phytocitrus since I always color treat my hair but I am willing to try the combination of the two shampoos to preserve my color. This product is a fantastic hydrator and is recommended for those with dry and coarse hair.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: