Saturday, June 5, 2010

Five Favorites - Bath and Body Works Classics

The month of June brings us the Semi-Annual Sales for both Bath and Body Works and Victoria's Secret. Every year, my favorite part of the Bath and Body Works sale is looking for my favorite old fragrances and stock piling enough of them to get through the next six or seven months. I have gone through my collectionand picked out my five favorite Classic fragrances for everyone to consider before the beginning of the sale.

Pearberry - This was my first fragrance love from Bath and Body Works way back when I was in high school. It was also one of the first purchases that i ever made when I started working there and is still a fragrance that I look for as soon as I walk in during Sale. This fragrance combines pears and strawberries to make a unique, crisp fragrance. I highly recommend this fragrance in the shower gel, but all the forms are worth picking up.

Exotic Coconut - This is one of the best coconut fragrances that I have ever smelled and I was so unhappy when the company pulled it from their regular Signature Collection. This fragrance combines toasted coconut and cream and has one of the best warm coconut fragrances out there. I recommend this fragrance in all the forms but especially the moisturizers.

Cool Citrus Basil - This is another fragrance that I used in high school and will never get old. Fresh and herbal, this fragrance can be used on men or women and is light enough to not offend even the most senstive noses. This fragrance has a heart of basil and several different citrus notes. My favorite product in this fragrance is the shower gel though I also recommend the body lotion for a light summer moisturizer.

Night Blooming Jasmine - This is one of the prettiest fragrance that Bath and Body Works has ever released, I really wish that this fragrance was around in a EDT version. I think that this might be the Bath and Body Works fragrance that I have gotten the most compliments on when I wear it and this one is a constant search for me. This fragrance contains notes of jasmine, freesia, and rain. I recommend this fragrance in any form that you can find it in.

Green Clover and Aloe - This fragrance is another one that falls into the "clean" and "herbal" categories. This fragrance reminds me of many of my favorites from the Demeter collection and can worn by men or women. This fragrance is another good choice for summer in that it is light and non-offensive to all. This fragrance combines notes of grass, aloe, and clover to produce a unique herbel blend. I find that I prefer the shower gel and lotion in this fragrance.

Personally, I am looking forward to a Semi-Annual shopping trip. I didn't get anything at the sale after Christmas so it is time for me to evaluate when I have and what I need to stock up on. Bath and Body Works does have a Classics section on their website where these fragrances can be purchased at full price all year long. During the sale, they are usually much cheaper (spurs me to really stock up) and they are able to be tested out before purchase. Also, I get a thrill from digging through the bins, I love the adventure aspect.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: