Saturday, June 12, 2010

Philosophy The Beach Girl

Philosophy's latest collection for summer has gotten me quite excited. They have brought out the Beach, a series of body and lip products that are perfect for unlocking your inner beach bum. I have loved the shore and anything associated with it ever since I was a young child so my interest is always piqued when the word "beach" is in any beauty product title.

The collection description from the Sephora website is right here, "Get so close to the beach that you can almost taste the sun and sand. Philosophy's summery new collection gets your senses as close to the beach as possible, thanks to an orange-crush-slush fragrance that's sweet, light, and delightfully energizing. The high-shine lip gloss; hydrating body lotion; and signature 3-in-1 shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath make you feel like life's a beach, every day".

This fragrance is available in the individual products and also a giftset that features smaller versions of all three items. We are going to look at the giftset since the description will cover all three items. "Inspired by hot summer days on the beach and strolling along the boardwalk, Beach Girl is a refreshing pick-me-up that will make you smile. This set is designed to leave skin feeling super clean and soft and lips looking glossy and beautiful. The orange crush slush scent is so delightful, refreshing, and energizing, you will be reminded of summer days packed with sun, sand, and play."

The 3-in-1 and lip gloss formulas are the same as they have always been I decided to only check out the body lotion description. I have still never used one of their body lotions, I wish they came out in more scents. I was very happy with the body butter that I got from Philosophy several years ago so I hope that their lotions are of the same quality. "The beach is never far from reach with Beach Girl Body Lotion. The delightful scent of orange crush slush is energizing, like a summer day packed with sun, sand, and play. This ultra-rich body lotion is formulated with nourishing shea butter and natural olive and macademia nut oils to help soften skin and aid in moisture retention. Antioxidants soothe and protect the skin against environmental damage. Beach Girl melts easily into a skin for a non-greasy feel and leaves a light, citrus scent for a refreshing skin pick-me-up." I want more lotions from this company.

I smelled this fragrance a couple weeks ago in Sephora and I liked it. Not loved it, just liked it. It is a light, sweet orange soda scent and it is one of the ones that I like enough to purchase but I wouldn't use it all the time. For myself, the giftset would be perfect. The sizes are small enough that if I didn't use them all the time, then they won't live in my shower for months. Now, Philosophy has also introduced a new 3-in-1 fragrance called Pineapple Coconut and I love this one. This one is just the most perfect mixture of the two fragrances and this is the perfect fragrance for the summer. Now this product I could see myself using every single day and will purchase the largest size of 3-in-1 available. I also want to get the matching lip gloss in this fragrance

I wish Pineapple Coconut came in an entire line of bath and body products...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: