Wednesday, June 9, 2010

OPI Shrek Forever After Collection

As I wrote a few weeks ago on the Sex and the City movie tie in fragrance, now we have another beauty collection tie in to check out. The third Shrek movie came out over the summer and now OPI has a new collection of shades based on this film. I have never seen any of the previous movies so I don't plan on seeing this one but I do plan on seeing what bright new shades are being released in conjunction. There are six shades in total, one dark, two pale, and three bright.

The first shade is named Funky Dunkey and this one is a deep blue purple cream. This shade is pretty but is it rather generic and could be very easily dupable. I like this one but this isn't unique enough for me to purchase and if I did, I don't that I would use it more than half a dozen times at most.

The second and third shades are the paler shades and these are my two favorite of the new collection. I would like to buy both of these shades and can see myself getting a decnet amount of use out of both. the first of the two shades in named What's With the Cattitude? and is a pale robin egg blue cream shade. I love this one and I think this is my favorite of all the shades. The second pale shade is named Rumple's Wiggin. This shade is a pale pink lavender cream and even though it looks like a bunch of shades that I currently own, I will buy it and use it a lot.

The last few shades of the collection are the bright shades and I think that these will be the best selling shades of the collection. The first bright shade is named Who the Shrek Are You?. This shade is a bright yellow green cream. I doubt this shade will be flattering on me but I can see it being a hit for pedicures and working well against tanned skin with more golden undertones. The second bright shade is named Ogre-the-Top Blue and this is my favorite of the bright shades. This one is a bright ocean blue cream, I love this shade. This one will be great for pedicures for this summer especially against white or silver sandals. The last new shade of the collection is named Fiercly Fiona and is a bright yellow. I don't like this shade at all and it would look awful on me.

I want three new shades from this collection. I want both of the pale shades, What's With the Cattitude? and Rumple's Wiggin. I want one of the bright shades, only the Orge-the-Top Blue. Not my favorite collection ever but it still produced a couple of items for me to check out.

photo courtesy of Amazon.com

No comments: