Saturday, December 25, 2010

Bare Escentuals Buxom Samantha's Smoky Eye Set

I was instantly attracted to this product because the cover of the set reminded me of a scene from Sex and the City. The cover is of Samantha, a blond secret agent wearing a trench coat which is directly out of a scene from Sex and the City in the beginning of Season Six. Between this scene in the show and the fact that this set is from Buxom makes this a top choice of mine the next time that I go to Sephora. Earlier this year, I wrote about how much I loved the Buxom Lash mascara fromthis collection and I used this product until the very last drop came out of it. Since mascara and Sex and the City are two of my favorite things, this set has me written as over it.

Sephora places this product in the following category, "A kit that has everything you need for that killer combination of sexy, smoky eyes and luscious, nude lips". The website goes on to give a more detailed description. "This set will have you feeling armed and gorgeous with Bare Escentuals' smoking hot combination of: a Buxom Smoky Eye Stick in Smokin' Pistol, a Buxom Smoky Eye Brush, a Lash Mascara in deep black, and a universally flattering nude Samantha Big & Healthy Lip Polish". I found more details about the mascara and the lip polish on the Sephora website so I will share it with everyone.

Buxom Lash - A paraben-free, lash-volumizing mascara. Bare Escentual's Buxom Lash Mascara - Blackest Black holds the style of your lashes for a continuous 12 hours with no flakiness. The silky, vitamin-rich formula darkens, lengthens, and thickens from root to tip without ever clumping. Its patented, hourglass-shaped brush is designed to lift and separate every lash without delivering the perfect amount of antioxidant-rich mascara needed for bigger, fuller lashes.
- Blackest Black - deep rich black

Buxom Lips - A pout-perfecting lip polish. Naturally creates the look of fuller, more voluptuous lips. This mineral-infused polish imparts a luminous high shine with no sticky or tacky feeling. A deep infusion of antioxidant vitamins A and E help keep lips soft, smooth, and protected, while the tingly feeling and cooling sensation reminds you that your lips are getting an immediate increase in fullness.
- Samantha - seductive nude

Since Buxom Lash is one of my favorite mascaras of all time, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase this set even if I only ended up liking the mascara in it. The Lip Polish is on my list of products to review shortly, I hav eonly tried mine once but am happy with it so far. The mascara is just plain amazing, it makes my lashes look long and full and never smudges. The products in this kit are top notch and the concept and package will be loved by any Sex and the City fan. I am really interested in the Smoky Eye Stick and to find out if it more of an eye liner or a shadow pencil. I want to try it out with my MAC liners and see if it helps me to create a smoky easy quicker and easier than just using a traditional liner and shadow.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: