Wednesday, December 15, 2010

C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine Organic Sheer Tint

My latest Mentha Lip Shine obsession (now that I have bought all the holiday glosses and willl pick up more at the Semi-Annual Sale to tide me over for the whole year) is the Organic Sheer Tint collection. The shades of this product aren't near as intense as they appear in the tube, every shade gives me just a hint of tint that I can pair with any eye look or on a no-makeup day. I am partial to the pink and rose shades from this collection but the neutrals also work well for someone with a more warm toned complexion.

"Give your lips an Organic Tint! Our Mentha Organics Sheer Lip Tints combine the breath-freshening, shine boosting benefits of our original formula with the added appeal of naturally nourishing organic ingredients". This product is formulated with 92% Organic ingredients and is flavored with 100% Natural Mint for fresh breath. This product is currently available in three shades to suit pretty much any complexion.

Here are the shades...

- Sheer Rose - provides a light hint of deep pink on lips
- Barely There - sheer natural nude shade
- Just Blushed - provides a sheer pale pink tint for lips

My favorite shade is the Sheer Rose, it gives a me a hint of rose on my lips and creates the "my lips but better" look. I have paired it with dramatic eye makeup and it never looks over done. This lip gloss is about a medium in glossiness, it's not over done but you can see the sheen on the lips. I have yet to buy the pale pink or the neutral shade yet, I want to see how tinted they actually appear on my lips since the rose is the deepest shade and it doesn't really change the shade of my lips. I still love the traditional mint taste and tingle of the Mentha formula so I bet that I will be trying these out unless something really nice comes out in the collection in the upcoming seasons.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: