Monday, December 6, 2010

Urban Decay The Black Palette

As I was searching for this product, thoughts of The Black Album from Jay-Z popped into my head and now I will have to work to rid myself of the songs currently playing in my brain. I saw this palette for the first time in the latest Sephora Holiday catalog and was initially excited. I then re-looked at it in the December issue of Lucky and I just can't decide if it for me or not. I like several of the shades but I am begining to think that the blue shade might just kill the whole palette for me.

Sephora states that this product is "A provocative palette of six black-based eye shadows and one 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil". Here is the further description on the website. "This glittery black compact with mirror features a daring palette of five black-based, glimmering, jewel-toned eye shadows, and Urban Decay's darkest matte black eye shadow, Black Dog, for adding dimension like never before. The set comes complete with a travel-size 24/7 Eye Pencil is Zero and mini genie bottle of Eye Shadow Primer Potion, so your color stays deep, dark, and alluring all day and night".

The eye shadow shades are...

- Black Dog - richest matte black
- Barracuda - black with silver sparkly shift
- Jet - black with purple sparkly shift
- Sabbath - blue with blue sparkly shift
- Cobra - black with golden sparkly shift
- Libertine - black with emerald sparkly shift

The set also includes a 24/7 Glide On Eye Liner in Zero, the best-selling black shade, and a Urban Decay Eden Primer Potion. Eden Primer Potion is the newest release of the primers and is said to have a matte finish unlike the more natural finish in the original version. I am still on the fence about this palette, I like it but just can't picture myslef getting a lot of wear from it. I already own the black shades from Urban Decay that were featured in the Book of Shadows NYC and the Naked Palette and two of the Zero eye liners. Cobra seems as though it will be very similar to NARS Night Clubbing, which I already own and I also own Black Tied from MAC, a rich black with silver in it. So I am guessing that I will be skipping out on this palette, much as it pains me to not want an eye shadow palette from Urban Decay...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: