Thursday, December 9, 2010

Five Favorite - Urban Decay Eye Shadows

In addition to my post on the newest liner set from Urban Decay, I have found another way to help everyone celebrate Urban Decay's Friends and Family Event. I am sharing my five favorite Urban Decay Eye Shadows with all of you guys so you can get more ideas of items to order.

"This is the product that we were born to make - our best-seller! Professionals, celebrities, and makeup junkies swoon for our wide array of shades. Each one is pigment-rich: we load the shadow with color, and add very few binders (the stuff that holds shadow together), resulting in a beautiful color that blends easily and lasts. Lots of finishes to suit your mood: sparkle, shimmer, duotone, or un-sparkly satin. Our subway token compact comes complete with a window (see your shadow without opening), and snaps shut with one hand - no more lost lids".

My five favorites!

Midnight Cowboy - My favorite of all the shadow shades! I get so many compliments on this shade everytime that I wear it. It is described as a "pink champagne with lots of silver glitter". I can pair this shade with other neutral or wear it on it's own and either way, I look naturally pretty and my eyes look large and very blue. It is the perfect attention getter without going over the top. I do recommend the use of the Primer Potion with this shade since the glitter fall-out is a bit hard to work with.

Maui Wowie - I got this one in a palette and I am so glad that I found it! This one is a "medium gold with silver glitter" and I find that many of the comments that I made for Midnight Cowboy are accurate for this one too. Anyone with blue eyes will love these neutral shades because the color simply pops.

Asphyxia - This is one of the most unique shades ever released, from almost any company out there. This is a true duochrome and is a "lavender with a blue shift". This shade flashes lavender in some lights and blue in others. I wasn't sure how I would do with this shade since it has a blue flash but this is another one that I get many compliments on. I am glad that I got this in one of the palettes that I bought since I would never have picked this shade out on it's own. I have been wearing this shade all fall and winter since the trends are leaning toward purples and lavenders. I pair this shade with all types of silvers to highlight.

Chopper - Urban Decay just makes the most amazing neutral shades. Chopper is a "coppery fawn with silver microglitter". This shade is easier to wear than many of the glitters from Urban Decay, the glitter is smaller and much less noticeable. This shade is appropriate for work or play and really opens the eyes up. This is a great shade to wear on the lid with a lighter gold as a highlighter.

Uzi - Another very unique shade, I own nothing else like this shade! Uzi is a "metallic silver with big iridescent sparkles". This shade is another one with larger pieces of glitter and reminds me of a disco ball. This is a night-only shade and really brings all the attention to your eyes. I have really only used this product by itself on my lids since it is a very vibrant shade. This is another shade that I recommend use with the Primer Potion (same reasons as Midnight Cowboy).

Well everyone, I hope that I added a shade or two to your shopping list. I love Urban Decay and I think their eye shadows are top quality and I think that I own more of their shades than any other company (even MAC and NARS!). Check these shades out and let me know in the comments if you have ones that you love!

photo courtesy of Urban Decay

No comments: