Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Body Shop Holiday Fragrances

The Body Shop always releases new fragrances around the holiday season. They are of a very different nature than the fragrances released by Bath and Body Works. The Bath and Body Works Holiday Traditions are more on the sweet and candy-like side, but The Body Shop fragrances are more naturally scented. The two new fragrances are Cranberry Joy and Spiced Vanilla. I am excited about the Cranberry Joy but not as much about the Spiced Vanilla.

Cranberry Joy is described as being a "fresh, true cranberry scent" and I am really seeing this one as a top seller. It is available in the following products: the Bath and Shower gel, the Body Butter, Shimmer Lotion, Body Scrub, Lip Balm, and Soap. I am betting that this product would be great in the body wash, the butter, and the soap and true berry lovers can use it all over their bodies. This fragrance is also available in the home fragrance oil and fragrance reeds. Personally, I love the Frosted Cranberry fragrance from Bath and Body Works and I am hoping that the fragrance reeds in this scent will fill the void that Slatkin & Co. has left in their product line.

The Spiced Vanilla scent is described as a "sweet vanilla and spice scent". I wonder how much spice is really in this because I can only handle so much and I am betting that using this scent all over my body would overwhelm my nose. This fragrance is available in the Bath and Shower Gel, Body Butter, Body Lotion, Soap, and Lip Balm. This fragrance is available in the same two home fragrance products but these hold no interest for me with my love of spice.

I'm not super excited about these fragrance this year, I would see myself only using some of the cranberry products and none of the vanilla. The item that has me the most excited is the Reed Diffusers in the cranberry scent. I will be just staying with my Vanilla Bean Noel and Twisted Peppermint this time around...

photo courtesy of The Body Shop

No comments: