Monday, December 16, 2013

Beautyblender Liquid Blendercleanser

Today we are looking at a product that I never would have purchased on its own and I am so glad that I was able to try it through a Glossybox that I received this fall.  Glossybox has been the only reason that I have gotten a full introduction to the Beautyblender brand and the big reason that I have fallen for the hype around this product.  I have been obsessed with using Beautyblenders since I first received one several months ago in my Glossybox and I started replacing it nearly once a month. This is quite an expensive habit but one that I willingly paid for as I just love how these sponges apply my liquid foundations.

In one of my last Glossyboxes, I received another product from the Beautyblender company that I have just started using.  I will admit that I tossed the cleanser aside when I first received it and didn't see why I needed this product.  I typically cleaned my brushes and Beautyblenders with shampoo and this method has been working for me for years.  The shampoo cleans my brushes very nicely but I was never very happy with how much seemed to be left in my Beautyblenders and I would simply replace them every few washings.  I was happy with this method until I got bored the other day and tried out this special cleanser that I received.

I found this product on the Sephora website and this is where I will be ordering it from once I go to buy another bottle.  "A sponge and brush cleanser that’s free of dyes and skin irritants.  This cleanser supports the integrity of the beautyblender® as it removes excess residue and germs for a clean makeup application. The cleanser’s soothing soy-based, low-suds formula breaks down rapidly making it earth-friendly, while the light lavender scent makes it fun to use.", states that company's website. 

I was bored last Saturday during the snowstorm and I decided to play with some new products.  I had originally washed my brushes and Beautyblender that morning.  I found this product in my makeup collection and decided to wash my Beautyblender again with it and see if it works better than my shampoo method.  I expected that I would reap little to no additional benefits from this cleanser and I was actually prepared to write a negative review of this brush cleaner.  One usage of this cleanser showed me that I was quite wrong and that there is a point to owning this product.

I used this cleanser on a freshly cleaned and dried Beautyblender, I expected little to no additional product to come out during the cleaning.  I fully saturated the sponge with warm water and then worked a small amount of the product into my Beautyblender.  It created a rich foam and excess foundation started pouring out of my "clean" sponge, I literally couldn't believe how much product came out of my "clean" sponge.  After one usage, the sponge looked nearly brand new and I couldn't believe that it took my so long to try this product out. 

I needed so little of this cleanser to achieve results and therefore my deluxe sample will last me for at least two or three more months.  I will be ordering a few size from Sephora once this is used up and this is the only product that I will be using to clean my Beautyblenders.  This product will pretty much pay for itself as I should be able to really space out the amount of time in between purchasing brand new Beautyblenders.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: