Sunday, December 29, 2013

MAC Blot Powder/Pressed

I have been testing out new staples for the past few weeks and I have found a powder that has occupied a permanent place in my purse every since I first used it.  I am talking about the MAC Blot Powder (pressed version).  I may have dry skin but I always like to have some combination of a pressed powder and blotting papers in my purse.  I use a small amount of a loose powder on my face to set my makeup every morning but I find that my forehead and nose tend to get somewhat shiny throughout the day and I like to keep products with me that can quickly correct this issue.  I don't even remember what the last pressed powder that I reviewed on this blog was, I go through them so slowly and I just finished up a small powder that was so old that the writing had worn off the top of the compact by the time that I was finally done with it.  At this rate, the MAC Blot Power should last me for at least another year or two...

MAC has been one of my favorite brands recently and I have been picking up items for myself nearly every single time that I visited the counter to pick up gifts this past holiday season.  I was trying to remain practical with many of these purchases and I picked up some face items and an extra tube of the Opulash Mascara.  One of my biggest beauty goals for next year is to more brands and I need to try and look for other brands that can perform as well as MAC but this will not kick off for a few more days and it seems like my blog is on MAC overboard right now.

The MAC website provides the following description of the Blot Powder/Pressed, "A unique, oil-controlling pressed powder that sets foundation and finishes the face while adding minimal colour and texture.  For use in professional situations and for frequent touch-ups on set or throughout the day.  Provides a very sheer, matte-looking finish."

This powder is currently available in four shades and is a part of the permanent MAC product line.  I use the shade "Light", this is the palest shade and the only one that suits me.  The powder is very sheer and that is the only reason that can use "Light", if this product was more pigmented then I would need an even paler shade.

I usually use this powder only to touch up during the day, I apply a very little bit of it to my forehead and nose around lunchtime and my skin remains matte through the rest of the day.  I tried this product to set my face in the morning (instead of my usual loose powder) and it works equally well for this purpose but I just prefer to use loose formulas in the morning and then touch up with a pressed formula.  There is nothing special about this product and I can't say that it is an outstanding product but it works nicely and I would recommend it to someone looking for a good touch up powder.  I find that there are very little differences in between most pressed powder formulas and there is very little variation in between formulas/brands.  I would repurchase this product however it will take me a long time to use it up and I will probably want to try and review a different product by the time that I have gotten through this whole compact...

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: