Saturday, December 28, 2013

MAC Magnetic Nude

Earlier today we looked at the Punk Couture collection from MAC and now we are looking at the last of the new collections that were released on Boxing Day.  This collection is named Magnetic Nude and this is the one that I found the most exciting when I quickly looked at the preview of the two color collections a few days ago.  This one promises to be the polar opposite of Punk Couture, I found a few products that will be awesome for getting dressed up and going out and this collection will give me some shades to add to my core makeup collection and great shades to swear by.  At the beginning of every new year, I always look for new neutral shades to add to my line up, this is the time of the year that I look for new Holy Grails and then add more seasonal shades once the spring collections start coming out.

As I stated in the earlier paragraph, I am very excited about the Magnetic Nude collection and I am looking forward to finding quite a few new pieces when I look at it.  I am hopeful that I find a few of the following: several neutral shades of eye shadow that I can wear with ones that I already own, a great nude lipstick/lip gloss shade that will work with any eye makeup look, and a neutral nail polish that I can wear in between bright and dark shades.  I have been wearing reds on my nails since Thanksgiving and I need a change of pace for my manicures.

"Ignite your inner magnetism, as glimmering metallics and natural nudes redefine winter opulence. Skin is radiant in soft peachy nudes, fine golds and sheer pearls. Smoky eyes get a metallic effect, shaded with grey mauve, deep copper and iridescent pink. Flushed nudes lend a subtle yet sexy polish, in cool pink and coral Extra Dimension Blush, and pale, creamy shades for lips create a look that's naturally magnetic.", states the MAC website to describe the collection.  I am so excited for this collection and I am envisioning some great metallic nude eye makeup right now!

The Magnetic Nude collection from MAC!

Extra Dimension Eye Shadow - A liquid-powder Eye Shadow with prismatic reflections in ten shimmering tints. Impact ranges from sheer crystallized light to a highly polished metallic effect. Lasts up to 6 hours.
- A Natural Flirt - iridescent light pink
- Sweet Heat - soft peach pink
- Platinum Love - bright clean silver
- Amorous Alloy - deep terracotta copper
- Silver Dawn - dirty gray mauve

Fluidline - Ultra-smooth, Fluidline's gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on “foolproof” with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof. Lines up in a rich array of colours and finishes. Brush sold separately.
- Chilled - frosted white gold
- It's Physical - brown with purple pearl
- Our Secret - metallic brown with red pearl

Opulash - Superlative style & state-of-the-art science merge. A new formula in a more saturated intense black with extra-volumization, expansion & curl delivered dramatically with our most bodacious brush yet. Lasts 15 hours!
- Bad, Bad Black - black

Lipstick - Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made M·A·C famous.
- Close Contact - creamy peach
- Sensual Sparks - dirty cool caramel
- Morning Rose - soft cool rose
- Carnal Instinct - deep brick red with gold pearl

Tinted Lipglass - A unique lip gloss available in a wide variety of colours that can create a high gloss, glass-like finish or a subtle sheen. Designed to be worn on its own, over Lip Pencil or Lipstick, Tinted Lipglass is the perfect product for creating shine that lasts. It's pigmented, very shiny and can impart subtle or dramatic colour. It contains Jojoba Oil to help soften and condition the lips. Tinted Lipglass is packaged in a convenient bottle with a sponge tip applicator that provides a quick, smooth, even application.
- A Quiet Roar - creamy off white
- Oh My Darling - pale yellow pink
- Overspiced - dirty muted coral
- Hell Bound - brick red with gold pearl
- Steel Kiss - dirty mauve with green pearl

Extra Dimension Blush - A liquid-powder blush with prismatic reflections in five shimmering shades. Impact ranges from sheer crystallized light to a highly polished metallic effect. Lasts up to 6 hours.
- At Dusk - midtone rose
- Autoerotique - dirty coral rose
- Pleasure Model - soft terracotta with pearl

Extra Dimension Skinfinish - A liquid-powder highlighter with prismatic reflections that sculpts, highlights and models the face. The cool, creamy near-fluid formula creates a luminous, well-defined finish. Wears 10 hours.
- Superb - soft peachy nude with multi-dimensional shimmer
- Magnetic Appeal - medium tan with fine gold sheen
- Fairly Precious - peach with dimensional pearly sheen

235 Split Fibre All Over Eye Brush - Subtle or sizzling, edgy or elegant, this split fibre brush allows you to create the eye look you're longing for with its signature blend of goat hair & synthetic fibres.

128 Split Fibre Cheek Brush - Designed for exceptional Blush application, this split fibre brush delivers a soft, diffused look with its unique combination of natural & synthetic fibers.

I have a lot of choices in this collection and this will contain some of my top picks for shopping in the New Year!  I will not go to the mall again until after the new year begins, at that point it should be calmed down from after the holidays and I should actually be able to look around without facing a mob of shoppers.  I might order a few pieces from this collection online right away and then check out the rest of them at the counter when I head out...

My favorite piece of this collection is one of the Lipstick shades, Morning Rose is a soft, cool rose that will be perfect for creating the My-Lips-But-Better look with my skin tone.  I will be able to wear this shade for the rest of the winter and then well into the spring and then pick up again next fall.  This will be a great addition to my lipstick collection and it is my first choice for the whole collection and my first choice from all the new MAC collections.  I can skip over the rest of the Lipstick shades and then move right over to the Lipglass.  I want the Hell Bound shade, this brick red will be very nice for getting dressed up or in a professional environment.  The other shade that I really want from the Lipglass line is the Oh My Darling shade, this neutral pink will work well with everything that I own and I can see myself going through this tube very rapidly.  The lip products are the ones that I would be ordering early because they are ones that I must have and I have used enough MAC lip shades to know that I will love these.

Moving over to the eye makeup part of this collection...  I have already picked up and played with Urban Decay's Naked 3, I will be putting this palette aside for warmer weather and I am sure that the nudes in this collection's palette will work well with and the other Naked palettes.  This new palette is made up of rose gold shades so I am already looking for shades from other companies that will work with this new set of hues.  I want A Natural Flirt, Amorous Alloy, and Sweet Heat to wear with the new shades and to mix with the hues that I already own.  This is a great collection for me to find more eye makeup shades.  I love the Opulash formula and I am considering picking up another tube of this product for when I run out of mascara.

The last piece that I really like is one that I want to see at the counter first, the Extra Dimension Blush in the rose hue is really pretty however I am wary of any blush from MAC that has shimmer in it.  MAC can go too heavy on the shimmer for face products so I must try this one at the counter first and then decide.  If the shimmer is faint, this blush will be a great choice for me but if the shimmer is too heavy then I will be skipping over it.

This is by far my favorite of the new collections and the one that I will be spending the most money on, I will be ordering some of the best products online soon and then will be visiting the counters in the new year to try the rest of the items out.  Now we can start looking forward to seeing what MAC brings out for spring!

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: