Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Lorac Behind The Scenes Eye Shadow Primer

I have been testing out the Lorac Pro Eye Shadow Palette over the past few days and I decided to test the matching eye shadow primer that came along with it.  I was in need of a new eye shadow primer to begin with and it was just easier for me to test this formula right along with the eye shadow palette.  As many of you already know, my favorite eye shadow primer is the original formula from Urban Decay and there are very few other formulas that I would repurchase over that one.  The Lorac formula is yet another one that will be following that trend, it is a nice eye shadow primer but not one that I would grab over the Urban Decay...

"Get Lorac's Behind The Scenes Eye Shadow Primer and all eyes will be on you! This gentle, lightweight, oil, fragrance and paraben-free formula keeps your eye shadow picture-perfect from daytime to Prime Time. Created by Celebrity Makeup artist Carol Shaw to be used Behind The Scenes on photo shoots and on the Red Carpet, this unique eye shadow primer easily glides on for crease-resistant, silky-smooth color that lasts!", states the Lorac website.

I will start off my review by stating that this is a good product, it is not the best primer but I didn't find any major faults with it.  I said above that I tend to find that most eye shadow primers fall into this category and there is nothing wrong with these primers but nothing can hold a candle to Urban Decay Primer Potion.

The Behind The Scenes Eye Shadow Primer has a light lotion texture and quickly absorbs into the skin on my eyelids without leaving any type of sticky residue.  I like that the squeeze tube allows me to control how much product I use and I will not be wasting any of this primer due to a doe foot applicator, the packaging is much nicer than many of the primers from other brands.  The primer keeps my eye shadow from fading and creasing for about six hours but I have found that most eye shadow formulas that I have used it with so far will start to fade soon after that and I will have slight creasing on my lids at the end of the day.  I have found that the tube is the best aspect of this product and I would love to see more brands bring out eye primers with this type of tube.

I have gotten better results with this product when I use it with matte or satin shadows but it tends to produce fall out when used with glitter-infused formulas.  Again, I have found that result with nearly every eye primer formula (expect the Urban Decay) and I can't say that this product is bad.  I find it to be a good but quite average eye shadow primer and one that I will not be repurchasing when I need another primer.  I am still testing out the palette that this came with and I will have my full review within the next few days.

photo courtesy of Lorac

No comments: