Monday, December 2, 2013

Benefit Gimme Brow! Volumizing Brow Gel

Today is Cyber Monday and one of the biggest online shopping days of the year, we all know that stores do certain offers only on their websites but many stores also have great offers.  I decided to hit the mall very early this morning and do a bit of shopping for my family before I start cramming for finals season.  My last stop today was Sephora and I already started to pick up some items on my Most Wanted List, many of the holiday products are getting hard to find but I am very excited about my newest purchase from Sephora.  I have been interested in the Benefit Gimme Brow! product for a few weeks now but have never used this type of product on my eyebrows.  I bought this product this morning and tried it on as soon as I got home today.

I must confess that I don't spend much time thinking about my eyebrows, I usually get them cleaned up every few weeks but I keep them on the thicker side and don't change the overall shape of them.  I have dark hair and dark brows so I also don't have many concerns about the color of them matching my highlight/lowlight mix.  I used this brow gel once and I all I could think was "Why did I wait so long to try products like this?!", I love this product!

The Sephora website provides the following description of this awesome brow gel formula, "An award-winning, brow-volumizing, fiber gel that mimics the look of real hair for fuller-looking brows.  Gimme Brow’s innovative brush-on gel has tiny microfibers that adhere to skin and hair, creating lush-looking eyebrows where before there were none. The water-resistant, long-lasting, formula builds easily for thick, full arches, thanks to a tapered brush for blending and precision tip for shaping perfect brows.". 

This product is available in the following shades...

- Light/Medium - matches light brown to medium brown eye brows
- Medium/Dark - matches medium brown to dark brown eye brows

I use the Medium/Deep shade and it matches my hair perfectly, it is a shade deeper than my natural eye brows and the shade change make them stand out and look more defined and groomed.

This is a very easy formula to use, I was a bit worried that I would be having to draw my eyebrows on and run the risk of looking very unnatural.  This product has an applicator that reminds me a very small mascara wand, the product both tints and shapes the brows in one step.  I start with the inner corner of each brow and then sweep the product all the way to the outside.  One dip of the product is enough to do both brows in this fashion, I can just sweep this product on and be done with my brows.  This product quickly tames any stray hairs and makes my lashes look perfectly groomed with minimal effort.

I absolutely love the results of this product and I have fallen in love after using the product for only one day.  I decided that I needed to experiment a bit with the wear of this product, I don't want it to melt down my face in the hot weather or when I am at the gym after work.  I jumped in the shower before writing this post and just let the warm water run over my face.  The product didn't move at all and I had to use eye makeup remover to clean it all off my eye brows, I will be able to use this product every single day and I will be making this a staple of my makeup routine.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: