Saturday, December 28, 2013

MAC Punk Couture

Punk Couture is the first of the two full color collections from MAC to be released yesterday and is the one that looks to be the most relevant to many of the trends that I have been seeing in beauty and fashion magazines over the past two months.  The punk looks that have been all over the runways the past few months are often too much for me to pull off and I have not been dabbling in any of these looks nor have I any plans to.  I know that this collection will excite a lot of ladies but I doubt that I will find many items for myself in it.  I have much higher hopes for the Magnetic Nudes collection that was also released yesterday...

This collection contains bright shades for eyes, lips, and nails...I might find a new lip hue or nail polish shade from this collection so I still might be able to pick up some items from this collection.  I think that I would be more likely to buy new nail polishes from this collection but I will check out every single product and see what I find that might work for me and my beauty style.

The MAC website provides an overall description of the collection.  "Introducing daring new shades for eyes, lips and nails inspired by punk's rebel spirit and revolutionary impact on high fashion. Eye Shadow x 4 blends and builds fierce eyes while vibrant neon Pigments instigate a chaos of colour. Deep tones of matte Lipstick attract all the right attention in Hautecore, Studded Kiss and Instigator, while the gleam of Jet Boy and No Apologies Cremesheen Glass shimmers with golden and purple pearl. Black-as-night cream and teal green lacquer nails in pure, polished punk."  Teal Nail Lacquer might be right up my alley this winter...

Here is the Punk Couture collection!

Punk Couture: Eye Shadow x 4 - An Eye Shadow Quad in four shades: light taupe mauve, rich blackened plum, silvered violet with gold, and intense black. The highly pigmented powder formula applies evenly, blends and builds beautifully.
- All Races - light cool taupe mauve (Matte)
- Idol Eyes - silvered violet with gold (Lustre)
- Magic Moor - rich blackened plum with pearl (Veluxe Pearl)
- Carbon - intense black (Matte)

Pigment - Pigment is a highly concentrated loose colour powder that contains ingredients to help it adhere to the skin. Create a subtle wash of colour or an intense effect. Does not streak or cake. Easy to blend and long-lasting. Please note: Pigments are sold by weight not volume. Containers can appear to be less than full due to settling of the product.
- True Chartreuse - rich flat chartreuse green
- Neo-Orange - intense neon salmon
- Magenta Madness - intense neon blue pink

Haute and Naughty Too Black Lash - Our two-in-one mascara in an intense carbon black. Creamy, velvety, lightweight formula sweeps up lashes and coats from root-to-tip. The dual-wiper system customizes your lash style: naturally defined or powerfully dramatic.

Penultimate Eye Liner - A liquid pen-style liner that provides the ultimate precise, bold line in a rich, deep carbon black shade. Goes on fluidly, in one steady stroke, to style any fashion of eye line.
- Rapidblack - true black

Eye Kohl - A soft-on pencil liner that lines, defines and shades the eyes with rich colour and a silky-smooth, matte/pearl finish. Ophthalmologist tested.
- Smolder - intense black

Lipstick - Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made M·A·C famous.
- Studded Kiss - dark oxblood red
- Instigator - deep blackened plum
- Punk Couture - deep blackened grape
- Hautecore - true matte black

Cremesheen Glass - A lip finish that fuses the creamy, sheen-filled nature of Cremesheen Lipstick with the shine of M∙A∙C Lipglass. Soft, comfortable, non-sticky. Applies with a doe-foot applicator. Use as a top layer to its namesake Lipstick or on its own.
- Jet Boy - sheer black with gold pearl
- No Apologies - sheer black with pinkish purple pearl
- Dark Outsider - creamy true black

Nail Lacquer - Revolutionary new high gloss formula. Three long-wearing finishes - Cream, Sheer, and Frosted. Visibly different. Provides no-streak/no-chip finish. Contains conditioners and UV protection. Go hi-lacquer!
- Impassioned - bright warm pink
- Formidable - teal green with pink multi changing pearl
- Nocturnelle - black as night black

I love the Nail Lacquer in Formidable, this teal with the pink pearl is simply amazing and I must order a bottle of this shade.  I have nothing like this shade in my collection and I have never seen anything like this hue before.  I have a feeling that this shade will sell out instantly and I cannot wait to get to the counter and I will order this one online later tonight.  Already I am seeing that many of the lip shades are completely sold out and I don't want to miss out on this nail polish too. 

The Nail Lacquer is the only shade that I must own from this collection but I actually like a few more items from it than I thought that I would.  The Eye Shadow x 4 would not be an everyday look for me but I would like to own it and I would use it when getting dressed up and going out at night.  Idol Eyes is a very unique shade and one that I would like to add to my collection.  I already own the Eye Kohl in Smolder and only use it when going out so I certainly don't need another one, I am actually out of my Penultimate formula so I am considering buying another tube or trying another liquid eye liner form from MAC.  The last item that I would like from this collection is a Lipstick shade, Studded Kiss is the only shade that I would be able to pull off from this collection.  All of the others are black hues or has a black tint to them and I would never be able to pull them off.  I am slightly sad because I love the Cremesheen formula and always want to add more of these glosses to my collection.

Two collections from Boxing Day down and one left!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: