Monday, December 9, 2013

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream

We are now in the second week of December and I have been changing up the products in my skincare regime to match the cold weather outside, I have been using one new skincare products over the past few weeks that I have become a big fan of and I am really happy that I decided to purchase.  I have never used skincare from the brand Bobbi Brown before and I decided to try a hydrating eye cream from this company.  I tend to use two very different types of formulas for day and night, I only want a very hydrating formula to use at night and I don't need any of de-puffing properties that I require in a eye cream used for daytime.  I started off by using this eye cream for night use but I do think that this is one of the few eye cream formulas that I could actually use for both night and day usage.

There are two hydrating eye cream formulas from Bobbi Brown, I chose the less rich of the two as the richer formula was not available in the store when I bought my jar of this product.  I would consider switching this formula out to a day usage during the coldest days of the winter and then ordering the richer of the two formulas for nighttime use.  As for right now, I will be using this product for my night eye cream and then I will update and review the other formula if I decide that I need more moisture in my eye area as the winter continues.

"A hydrating cream that refreshes the eye area and prepares it for a seamless concealer application.  This luxurious, concentrated cream is absorbed quickly, allowing it to deliver naturally occurring humectants that virtually melt into the skin. Before makeup application, a perfect level of emollients imparts a lightweight texture, allowing concealer to glide on evenly. Use in the evening to boost skin's ability to recharge and rehydrate during the nightly repair process. It plumps fine lines and improves skin's overall tone and texture. Skin looks and feels stronger and healthier. It leaves the eye area soft, smooth, and refreshed for up to 24 hours.", states the Sephora website. 

I have been really loving this eye cream so far and I would recommend it to anyone that has normal to dry skin around their eyes.  A very small amount applied to each eye fully hydrates and soothes the delicate under eye skin and this area looks and feels moist and plump when I wake up each morning.  This product has a light creamy texture and sinks easily right into the skin and doesn't leave an oily residue on this area.  There is a slight perfume smell to the product but it does not bother my eyes at all. 

 My least favorite aspect about this product is that it is contained in a jar, I do not love dipping my finger into the same jar over and over again.  I wish that this product was contained in a tube, the product is a thin enough texture that a tube container would be very workable.  I can see how the very hydrating formula might not work with a tube but I don't see any reason why this one can't be housed in that type of container.

The Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream is a solid formula for anyone with normal to dry skin, I wouldn't recommend it to someone with very oily skin.  I think that I would continue to use it more as a night cream as it doesn't contain any special ingredient for relieving puffy eyes before makeup application. 

photo courtesy of Sephora 

No comments: