Saturday, December 21, 2013

Philosophy Pure Grace

There is less than one week until Christmas and I am spending this whole weekend trying to pretend that the holiday doesn't exist.  I have everything done to prepare for the holiday so I have decided to hit the gym this weekend and start to think ahead toward what types of products that I will want to start picking up when the spring collections hit us full force.  I am going to start making some decisions as to what I would like to change about this blog in the new year and how I plan to start rolling them out next month.  We are far into the holiday season that I am tired of anything having to do with the merriment and I want to start looking ahead into the future.

I started by spending some time digging through my perfume collection and trying to decide if there are any holes in the line up.  I have been seeing a lack of fresh fragrances that can be worn in all kinds of situations and I went to a Sephora near me early this morning.  I remembered how much I used to love Philosophy's Amazing Grace fragrance and that this is one of the few fragrances that I ever completely used up and then went out and repurchased a new bottle.  I finished up my last bottle in the early fall months and I was considering ordering another bottle for the spring months.

Amazing Grace was typically the fragrance that I turned to when I was looking to wear a clean, fresh fragrance and the lack of the fragrance is leaving a large hole in my collection.  I thought about this fragrance this morning when I was walking into Sephora and I headed right over to the Philosophy section of this store.  I had a bottle of Amazing Grace in my hand when I decided to spray a few other fragrances from this company on my kind.  Pure Grace is the fragrance that caught my attention and this is the fragrance that I walked out with a bottle of.

"Pure. Crisp. Clean. Pure Grace represents clean, modern simplicity. It is a universal scent that will change the way you feel about fragrance. Pure, crisp, and infinitely clean, the fragrance opens with a veil of water lily for subtle freshness. The heart has the simple, modern tones of leafy greens and lasting frosted musk brings for a refreshing, modern finish.", states the Sephora website.

The major notes of Pure Grace are: Bergamot, Water Lily, Lavender, Jasmine, Cool Greens, Musk.

This fragrance is great for when I need a break from my normal floral fragrance lineup.  The floral notes are very subtle in Pure Grace and is light enough to be worn all throughout the year.  This is one of the few jasmine fragrances that I would be able to wear during the hottest days of the summer.  This fragrance reminds me more of a clean "laundry" type of fragrance.  If I close my eyes while wearing this fragrance, I think about fresh laundry drying outside during the summer.

I will wear this fragrance here and there during the winter months but it will become more of a staple in my line up once the warmer weather hits.  My biggest issue with this fragrance is the lack of lasting power.  This is a complaint that I have had with nearly every single Philosophy fragrance that I have used and I find that I tend to use through them like water as I am re-applying them.  I am considering picking up a rollerball in this fragrance and keeping it in my bag with me once the weather warms up enough for me to start wearing it to work.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: